autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Question asking template

Question asking template

Anytime I get questions via e-mail, a PM or a FB message I prefer to invest my typing time where

A: It's easier for me to share links, pictures and videos.

B: More people can read and thus benefit from the information. (no just one set of eyeballs)

The reality is, most people that contact me found me via an article I've written or a reply I've written on this forum. The thing is, instead of figuring out that the whole reason they are contacting me is because they found me via an article or answer I wrote on the forum that they to should bring their question to the forum because not only will that help them.... but it will help a future "them". If I answer everything in a private e-mail or other touch point, no one would find and contact me. It's a cycle or pattern that repeats as long as everything is shared in the public domain.

The above is kind of wordy but re-read it slowly and it will make sense.

So I get an e-mail asking,

Hey Mike,

Blank blank blank?

-Blank

Great questions Blank...

Hope that helps and feel encouraged to join our forum, this is where I answer questions. Email and Facebook messaging are okay, but the forum is a LOT more powerful. (think about it - it's how you found me in the first place)

Click here to join the AutogeekOnline.net car detailing discussion forum - THE best forum on the Internet

(the above is just a template that is now a sticky so each time someone sends me an e-mail or FB message I don't have to search for an older reply I wrote to get the formatted text above, I have it here in this sticky.

As I say... I always type for the future.... never just the present...

2. Likes RDZL1 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Question asking template

Continued...

If you're reading this and thinking about sending me a question and you're not a member of this forum.

Or

You've read an answer to your question that you sent me via e-mail or some over method and you're not a member of this forum.

Either/or - take a few moments to join this forum and post your questions here and/or reply to the answers and help myself and others have shared in the thread that pertains to you.

• It's free.
    • It's easy (if you can read and type)
    • It's the most powerful tool in your detailing arsenal --> this forum

Click here to join the AutogeekOnline Detailing Discussion Forum

Thank you!

Mike Phillips

And the follow-up reply after answering a question...

And.....

For ANYONE reading this into the future that can see the benefit to being able to get

• Links
    • Pictures
    • Videos
    • Formatted text (easier for the eyes to read and track)

Then here's the link to join the forum,

Click here to join the AutogeekOnline Detailing Discussion Forum

• It's free.
    • It's easy (if you can read and type)
    • It's the most powerful tool in your detailing arsenal --> this forum

Otherwise, sure send me your questions via email or FB and I'll bring them here to the forum for you and then send you the link to my answers.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey my name is kitt owner of take ova mobile car wash n detail shop question I was cleaning smoke gray bmw I noticed lil back spots in it kinda like it might be the paint going bad from sun hitting it to hard I tried to clay bar it it didnt work,I tried paint cleaner it didnt work,ibtried to compaound and buff. It it didnt work so you think I was ok with telling my client he needed a new paint job

Sent from my Z981 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by takeovamobile View Post

Hey my name is kitt owner of take ova mobile car wash n detail shop

question

I was cleaning smoke gray bmw I noticed lil back spots in it kinda like it might be the paint going bad from sun hitting it to hard

I tried to clay bar it it didnt work,

I tried paint cleaner it didnt work,

I tried to compaound and buff It it didnt work

so you think I was ok with telling my client he needed a new paint job

Sounds like artillery fungus?

Hard to say without a picture.

Black spots on my truck - artillary fungus

i have " Artillery Fungus" on my truck. it is a from a mushroom that shoots the crap out 20ft into the air.

i can sometimes scratch them off with my finger and easily clean it off. other times i can just take it off the top of the spot. what could take this off?

here is a picture i just puled off the web.

Mike Phillips

Also just to say....

Thank you for joining the forum to ask your questions.

You did what is called "tagging". That is you tagged your question to another person's thread. The two topics are totally unrelated.

No big deal, just point it out to use this as a "teaching moment".

I'll move your post and my reply to create for you your own thread and then e-mail you the link as that's how we roll on this forum.