autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

SIO2 Spray Coating Help

Sorry for the re post. I was not sure how to move the post to the more appropriate area. Again my apologies.

For the love of God my heads gonna explode!...lol I have been searching and researching with an effort not to become a product chemist or expert. I am just an old school average Joe who bought a new vehicle with prepped naked paint, trim and glass. I would love to enter into the world of coating technology for my daily driver. That said I am not looking to stock my garage with a ton of products designed for multiple surfaces. I would like find a very versatile product that can be used on many different exterior surfaces and I realize durability may not be the same on all surfaces from said product. It would still be better than wax in my mind.

I want a sio2 coating product that can be sprayed on any vehicle exterior dry surface / applicator pad and applied like by hand to paint, glass, plastic, wheels, moldings/trim . Is that asking to much?...lol I have been looking at Gyeon Can Coat but there has to other products in this category that are true SIO2 spray coatings.

These manufacturers do not make it easy to compare ingredients, ingredient percentage, product capabilities and application. Whats to hide??? Sure would eliminate the frustration and confusion. Maybe some one should come up with a cross reference chart for these coating products to show product grade, surface material compatibility, type application...etc, etc. Any way I want to say THANK YOU for everyone who responds and contributes there knowledge, experience and wisdom for all in all the posts on the forum daily.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SIO2 Spray Coating Help

If you want a no brainer SiO2 coating that can be used on multiple surfaces that is easy to apply, takes no skill, will give your vehicle a great look, then look no further than Gyeon Wet Coat, CarPro HydrO2 or McKees Hydro Blue. It doesn't get any easier than that.

Durability is poor - 1m for a DD, 3m for a car that isn't used much.

(Sent via my mobile device...)

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

3. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire spray SiO2 coating coming soon, can be used as booster or standalone. Also, Carpro Reaload.

BLACKFIRE SiO2 Spray Sealant

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you "Kevincwelch & Boudin"!

I appreciate the feedback.

6. Likes Boudin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you're looking for more durability and a little bit more detailing effort, Can Coat is a great "gateway drug" into the coating world. AFAIK, it isn't designed for multiple surfaces (at least not on label), but it is very easy to apply with a microfiber and very easy to buff away. It requires more prep of the paint and more attention to detail (lighting, angles of view -- all to avoid high spots), but it is fairly user friendly and will last 6-9m.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)

Post Thanks / Like

SIO2 Spray Coating Help

@kevincwelch. Have you tried Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish? If so, do you think it’s worth a mention with these products?

I have a can of it, but I’m interested to hear your thoughts since you seem to have more experience with these.

Post Thanks / Like

Gulp. Haven't tried it yet! But it looks like it's as easy to apply as Cancoat. Durability and hydrophobicity are the benchmarks.

Anyone want to test it out with me?

(Sent via my mobile device...)

Post Thanks / Like

I've used Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish and Gyeon CanCoat. As easy as UFF is to apply, CanCoat is just as easy but in the long run CanCoat outperforms it. Longer and more durable protection. Not to mention more aggressive water behavior that stays around longer.

11. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I've used Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish and Gyeon CanCoat. As easy as UFF is to apply, CanCoat is just as easy but in the long run CanCoat outperforms it. Longer and more durable protection. Not to mention more aggressive water behavior that stays around longer.
    How long did you test Ultimate Fast Finish before it failed?

Post Thanks / Like

bump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast