autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Over Zaino

Post Thanks / Like

Over Zaino

I plan on clay barring my car in a few weeks and then applying Zaino. I am looking for a deep wet look. What is the best product to use ?

2. Thanks Dan Tran thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

4. Likes Aaryn NZ, derek0609 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Over Zaino

I am new to this site. Guess this site is no different than the others. Not sure if you were trying to help or whatever. First post and probably my last.

6. Dislikes Calendyr, derek0609, Kacz, jaamz disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Come again? Did I misunderstand that you are looking for a Zaino topper to give it a deep, wet look?

That is an old standard practice to top a sealant with a wax, to get the combination of sealant longevity and wax appearance.

If that isn't what you were asking please clarify. Or at least wait for Mike Phillips to answer your question since this is his subforum that I jumped into.

8. Thanks stan0324, derek0609, Split thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Over Zaino

Quote Originally Posted by stan0324 View Post
    I am new to this site. Guess this site is no different than the others. Not sure if you were trying to help or whatever. First post and probably my last.

Soft....should go on the cover of Soft magazine, geeez!

Our members always try and help out, asking this question was geared to give you a better answer, i.e. what exactly are you trying to do? If your looking for a deep finish why would you even use Z in the first place, caranubas give you THAT look whereas Z gives you a shiney, "plastic" look, which still looks good.

I have to ask, Corvette owner, right?
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

10. Likes grisby, PaulMys, Aaryn NZ, Goonie75, Split liked this post
    Mike Phillips

I plan on clay barring my car in a few weeks and then applying Zaino. I am looking for a deep wet look. What is the best product to use ?
    Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

You want the Zaino Z2

I know Sal Zaino, he’s a cool cat.

12. Thanks stan0324 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope you give this forum a chance. In no way are any members here trying to being crass or rude. Setec's reply was all about trying to help you with your question, and he even took the time to give you 3 links to excellent products.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar's M26 Hi - Tech Yellow Wax has been a favorite for years. It might not have that luxury price tag, but delivers in looks and feel.

I use the paste version. Very easy to over apply, but once you get the hang of the thin coat, it's a breeze to apply, and wipe off. I usually apply it over Meguiar's M21.

15. Thanks glen e thanked for this post
    Likes stan0324 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never used Zaino so please correct me if I am totally wrong about that product and am speaking out of my behind

The only thing I know about Zaino comes from a Youtube video an enthousiast made comparing Zaino and F11.

So F11 is basically a 100$ bottle of Meguiar's Express Spraywax D156. Nothing worth tallking about.

As for Zaino... the guy showed the 3 step process, took him for ever do do the whole car (was a Trans Am if I remember correctly).

So my question is this: If you are gonna spend 6-8 hours working on a car, why not do a real detail with a polishing step then applying either a coating or a long lasting sealant? From what I understand, Zaino is very expensive and doesn't last that long. It's hard to tell on camera but the shine of the car looked very standard, I did not get an impression that this process produced a result better than a polish and seal.

Would love to read your thoughts on this. I know that the best shine I have ever been able to get is when I do a correction step, polish with CarPro essence, then apply a coating topped with Reload. If have also done cars where I did not coat, just applied Essence and Realod and the shine is amazing. The paint looks like a mirror.

17. Likes stan0324 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dont know if the OP is gonna come back but

Would do a wax over Zaino if anything at all. Something like Poorboys natty. Dodo juice soft or hard. Optimum car wax. Pete’s 53

Just a matter of experimenting what looks best to you

Z2 pro lasts a long time. One of the best sealants in the real world still today for longevity. There are tons of water spot complaints however. On the other side of the coin a coating lasts longer but still can have that water spot issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Likes stan0324 liked this post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast