autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Glaze-Wet Look

Going back 35 years, I can remember all sorts of Glazes. Never forgot.

The old Blue Coral Glaze in the Glass Bottle that came with the little Glass Jar of Carnauba. The Glaze was great, and so was the wax, as long as you laid the wax down, and came immediately behind to take off. Otherwise, Angle Grinder time just about.

Ah, Liquid Ebony, brings back good memories, and long gone.

Meg's #7, back in the day, again Angle Grinder time, and with a fresh from the shop bottle, lay it down and come behind instantly I often found it would work you to death! I dropped Megs completely for 20 years at least, as life is short. The new stuff might be better in this regard.

3M, I've used everything, Imperial, Microfinishing, Perfect-It in various blends, for rotary-machine and hand glazes.

I've taken dull lackluster rides, and transformed them with 3M and a rotary to knock your eyes out show winners, and as smooth as glass to the touch.

But I also have noticed that when many of the 3M Glazes get a little old, they too become very difficult to work with, especially to remove. That's when you know it's time to toss them, and buy a fresh Bottle.

I would assume with Poor Boys, and any others that are true Glazes would possess similar traits when they get old. That they get harder and harder to work with, and won't produce as well end results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronkh57 View Post
    Black hole or white diamond
    This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeteT19640 View Post
    Hi thoughts on a Glaze for the wet look
    I know that the paint has to be in good condition.

Thanks
    After proper paint correction or paint in good condition as you put it, the only wet look you going to further add will be from a carnauba.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeteT19640 View Post
    Hi thoughts on a Glaze for the wet look
    I know that the paint has to be in good condition.

Thanks
    I'll be honest with you, I think the one of the best looks my car ever had is when I used show car glaze and just topped with turtle wax ice spray wax back when I didn't know what I was doing. The problem is it only lasts 2-3 days. Ive come to the conclusion its not really worth using.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    After proper paint correction or paint in good condition as you put it, the only wet look you going to further add will be from a carnauba.
    Thats not true meguiar's show car glaze will add an enhanced wet look to any paint no matter how good it's polished. It just won't last.

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    HD Speed correction glaze isn't what most people think about when they hear the term glaze. BUT, when used on a soft foam polishing pad IMO the Montan Wax combined with the very fine abrasives in the formulation leaves an incredible finish that creates the most gloss, lasts longer, and is MUCH easier to apply than any dedicated glaze I've tried. Especially Finish Kare 303 Foam pad glaze. It's one of the worst traditional "glaze" products on the market IMO. I'm pretty sure AG has struggled to even give that stuff away.

If you are set on using a more traditional glaze, you may like Britemax Black Max Ultrafine glaze. It's pretty easy to use. The gloss left behind by HD Speed is still better.
    Really, Bob loves that stuff. I know its an abrasive finishing polish with glaze in the name. I bought a bottle on the cheap and never used it.

Post Thanks / Like

For me it depends on what I'm doing.

If I want to hide defects, Poorboys Black Hole is my favorite. If I want to spruce up the finish a bit, I'll use Prima Amigo. From my experience, Black Hole has much better filling ability, but the mild abrasives in Amigo makes it almost work like a paint cleaner.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

The Auto Finesse Ultra Glaze is probably the best filling glaze I have ever used, but its the oily type and you 're limiting yourself to a wax on top. I don't think any sealant would sit well on top.

I'll second the notion for the Polished Angel Escalate lotion as a fantastic paint cleanser finish polish . It really does make colors more vivid.

8. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    I know its an abrasive finishing
    polish with glaze in the name.

I bought a bottle on the cheap
    and never used it.
    Hopefully someday you’ll realize
    the paradox that lays within your
    above statement.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

10. Likes VeloNYC liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Thats not true meguiar's show car glaze will add an enhanced wet look to any paint no matter how good it's polished. It just won't last.

Aha...it just won’t last... when you learn to properly correct and finish paint and a glaze adds something, go back to learning how to cut and finish. The fact that you are able to get a wet look from a glaze after your correction says alot about the correction itself.

Post Thanks / Like

I also subscribe to the school of thought that when your clear coat is well polished, a glaze doesn't add much.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast