autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi new roraty

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi new roraty

Hi I am out to buy a new rotary

Thinking about the Rupes lhe19?
    Or the fllex PE

Why should I choose one over the other?
    I am having a hard time understanding. Seems like only a few tests with the new Rupes rotary.

Is it any better than the flex
    , if so how? I heard it is safer?

Best regarss

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hi new roraty

All I can tell you is I have the Flex PE 14 and love it
    Lighter than most and to me is more ergonomical.
    Those bigger heavier machines like the dewalt( I know your not considering the dewalt) are great for horizontal flats
    The flex is more comfortable though esp on the vertical panells

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

When I use my rotary’s which is rather rare these days,I prefer the longer Rupes LH19E on horizontal panels and the shorter Flex PE-14 on vertical panels helps put less strain on my lower back. Both are compact rotary’s and either is a good choice if you prefer circular polishers.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thx to both of you. I will buy the Rupes, since in general they are more comfortable than the flex.

5. Thanks Dan Tran thanked for this post
    Likes Dan Tran liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Johnydamouni View Post
    Thx to both of you. I will buy the Rupes, since in general they are more comfortable than the flex.
    Please update this thread with your thoughts after you get it. I have a PE14 but considering making the switch. I like som of the features of the Rupes.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

DaveT435 - I will make sure to do that, I have really had a hard time finding any decent reviews of the rupes rotary, most places is about the Mille, which I am not that impressed about considering the little difference between the marks twos, and the Mille.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a boat detailer and use the Flex PE-14 all the time. Waiting for the Rupes and give it a try. Hope it works for me because I like light and powerful!

Mike Phillips

Hi I am out to buy a new rotary

Thinking about the Rupes lhe19?
    Or the fllex PE 14

Why should I choose one over the other?
    I am having a hard time understanding.
    RUPES decided to launch in the rest of the world before the U.S. so you may find more reviews in the rest of the world, like The Worlds Largest Resource for Detailers, Valeters and Car Cleaning

Seems like only a few tests with the new Rupes rotary.
    Jason Rose was so kind as to let me use both the new RUPES rotary and the RUPES gear-driven orbital and I put them through REAL-WORLD car details and then wrote real honest reviews, below are the links, with full size color pictures to tell the story.

Review: RUPES BigFoot LHR 19E Rotary Polisher by Mike Phillips at Autogeek

LHR 19E Rotary Polisher

Review: RUPES BIGFOOT MILLE LK 900E by Mike Phillips

The RUPES BIGFOOT MILLE LK 900E Gear-Driven Orbital Polisher

, if so how? I heard it is safer?

Best regarss
    I'll take a stab at your questions...

The RUPES has a low fixed setting of 450 RPM and the FLEX PE14 has a low fixed setting of 600 RPM, by fixed setting I mean when locked at the 1 speed setting.

They both have progressive speed triggers so you can run both of them at much lower RPMs if you choose, but the reality of it is - is it is very rare when you need to run a rotary polisher at 1 RPM or 7 RPM. I think from memory you can run the RUPES at a low RPM of around 200 RPM (trigger only), and do some light polishing and the FLEX at 400 RPM (trigger only), and also do some light polishing. I will have to open mine out of the box and revisit to know for sure and low RPM can be useful for some processes.

But to me super low RPM capabilities is not a deal breaker, it's a nice to have but not a need to have when both run around 400 RPM with the speed lock locked and that's how I do most of my buffing. (but that's just me)

Because I have only buffed out ONE car with the RUPES rotary I will need more time to see how it performs for polishing, (not cutting), I just need more time behind the tool to have an honest opinion, and that is what everyone want's correct?

In my article I stated that after buffing with it I found it to be a tick smaller in size and girth, not a lot just a little and the word nimble came to my mind. (I'm kind of a word guy, look at my post count), and then I looked up the word nimble to find a better different word and found agile. Then I looked up how to pronounce agile in Italian and it rhymes with the Mille.

So while would not say it's better than the FLEX PE14 I would say it's tick more agile.

And whether agile is a good thing or not, each person has to decides, it just depends upon what type of buffing you do.

I heard it is safer?
    I think once we start talking about rotary buffers specifically, they have the most power for correction and the best chance of doing damage depending upon the product, the pad and the person. So I don't see safety as a defining characteristic when comparing one rotary buffer to another rotary buffer but maybe I'm wrong and as a perpetual student, (my term for me), I'm always open to learning.

Hope the above helps...

We're just now getting these units into the warehouse and I will soon have my own to use and more for the RUPES classes I teach here an in our Roadshow Classes, so anyone attending any of our classes will get to make up their own mind between FLEX and RUPES rotary polishers by real-world, hands on experience.

My next classes are here at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida in May and September and I now have 3 roadshow classes,

Indianapolis
    Wisconsin
    New Jersey

and more on the way.

See the bottom of the forum homepage for more info and hope to see EVERYONE at a class somewhere.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally received it and tested it.
    As always I am amazed when Rupes comes out with a new product.
    This is by far one of the most powerful rotaries and it spins so perfectly 110 hours today, stayed cool throughout heavy compounding. So perfectly balanced and comfortable.
    I am liking this over the flex because it is so much more comfort for us retailers, which means basically everything when you do atleast 8 hours daily polishing.
    It has an incredible torque, and it safer than normal rotary machine according to the instructions this is as close as you can come to a DA safety in a rotary.
    It did not leave a single hologram, however I still use Mille for the finish.
    The machine is versatile and can be used for both planes and boats. Most cooled machine I have tried. Not a single time during 10 hours winging a plane did it get hot. Really impressed, so ordered 5 more to the rest of the company.
    Just haveto test different compounds now, as Rupes claim their new rotary line of polish/compound fits it best. I DO not believe thatand will never leave menzerna behind. I will take a video tomorrow.

11. Likes Ronin47 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't understand how it can nearly as safe as a DA or safer than any other rotary. The soft start?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.