autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Water spots on Wolfgang Uber ceramic- how to remove?

I dont have any dedicated water spot removers on hand, other than one that would definitely remove the coating. Any suggestions on that would be much appreciated. I will try the vinegar, and if that does the trick, top with Fuzion. If not, I will see which direction he wants to
    Go with it.
    Can’t get back at the car till Monday. So I will keep
    Checking this thread over the weekend, and update it after I get back to
    The car.

I even offered to let this customer come back and wash the car here with me the first time to see exactly how I do it (as I do with
    All my clients that opt for ceramic) He declined.

2. Likes FrankS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Water spots on Wolfgang Uber ceramic- how to remove?

For the future have a water spot remover in your arsenal. Coatings are very chemical resistant and I don't think that the uber coating is different in that way. What coatings are sensitive to is abrasive and abrading and high ph level alkaline products with ph level above 11-12. So water spot remover from gyeon and carpro is made for deal with it on coatings. Then it's depends on how long the water spots gets baked in the coating. The sooner you better dealed with and they should come off. White vinegar can work also to get them if done in close of time when they got there.

In the situation you are in now test a water spot remover and if that does not gets them I think a polish and reapply a coating is needed. It can be solved with carpro essence plus and their glosspad they recommend to use if you get the water spots off. But it can also work with a more coarse pad if the water spots remains. This does with a more coarse pad that the longevity of it degrades more than it would with the glosspad. Up to a year you can get essence plus to extend the longevity of it. But real world maybe is 6 months and up. Then you have the option to apply a top coating like carpro Gliss or gyeon Booster or gtechnic exo v3. The easiest whould be gyeon Can Coat which has about 6 months longevity and the top coating is up to a year. This is some coating like options to get it sorted out with.

4. Thanks DetailDrivenEugene thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Water spots on Wolfgang Uber ceramic- how to remove?

I’ve got 2 cars here coated with the WGUC, I purchased a bottle of McKee’s 37 FAST Water Spot Remover to use to take the water spots off. I asked Nick about it a year ago and that is what he suggested. It removed the spots I have had, but it’s hard to know if your spots are worse. After I washed the car I treated it with M37 Si02. Been holding up well. It’s been almost 2yrs since the WGUC was applied.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12