autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

having some troubles with holograms in black paints!

Received this in an e-mail, I understand most people don't know I answer questions on the forum, not in e-mails. (most people find me because they read my articles or my ANSWERS to questions on the forum but then don't' think to join the forum to ask their questions)

Mike I was looking at your books, which one do you recommend.

I want to learn how to do paint corrections, do correctly the polishing | finishing steps, cause Im having some troubles with holograms in black paints!

Here's the reality...

If the only tool you're using is a rotary buffer and you're seeing holograms in black paints - the reality is you're leaving holograms in ALL paints it's just hard to see in lighter colors.

The REAL cure to the problem is to NOT try to change the NATURAL cause and effect of buffing on paint with a tool that only spins a pad in a single direction circle but it is to switch to ANY quality random orbital polisher.

Usually when I get e-mail like this the person lives in a country where rotary buffers are cheap and plentiful while "quality" random orbital polishers are NOT cheap and plentiful and thus they start detailing business using ONLY a rotary buffer and then as time goes by they find AGO and then find me and then send me an e-mail with a question like you see above. I can no longer count how many times this has happened and will continue to happen in the future.

As a part of my nature I'm consistent so I will always bring the question to the forum where I'm happy to answer it and I'll consistently recommend you add a random orbital polisher to your collection of tools.

Then if you MUST start with a rotary because the paint is in such bad condition then go for it but do a second step with a random orbital polisher to remove the holograms.

I have lots of articles on the problem with rotaries and holograms, but no time to cyber-dig them up.

Use Google and type in

holograms rotary buffer mike Phillips

and you should get some links to check out.

Then get "The Complete Guide to a Show Car Shine", it's available as an e-book that can be e-mailed to you and then the links in the articles you can click on.

It will teach you how to use an orbital. Link is in my Signature Line of every post I make.

Also, if you're doing production detailing get a bottle of BLACKFIRE One-Step to use with your orbital and keep life and your detailing business SIMPLE. Click the link below and look what I was able to do with a SIMPLE orbital polisher and BLACKFIRE One Step.

Review: BLACKFIRE One-Step Cleaner/Wax by Mike Phillips

Hope that helps and here's the link to join the forum and interact with me here instead of in e-mail

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/register.php

2. Likes RDZL1, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: having some troubles with holograms in black paints!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Received this in an e-mail, I understand most people don't know I answer questions on the forum, not in e-mails. (most people find me because they read my articles or my ANSWERS to questions on the forum but then don't' think to join the forum to ask their questions)

Mike I was looking at your books, which one do you recommend.

I want to learn how to do paint corrections, do correctly the polishing | finishing steps, cause Im having some troubles with holograms in black paints!

Here's the reality...

If the only tool you're using is a rotary buffer and you're seeing holograms in black paints - the reality is you're leaving holograms in ALL paints it's just hard to see in lighter colors.

The REAL cure to the problem is to NOT try to change the NATURAL cause and effect of buffing on paint with a tool that only spins a pad in a single direction circle but it is to switch to ANY quality random orbital polisher.

Usually when I get e-mail like this the person lives in a country where rotary buffers are cheap and plentiful while "quality" random orbital polishers are NOT cheap and plentiful and thus they start detailing business using ONLY a rotary buffer and then as time goes by they find AGO and then find me and then send me an e-mail with a question like you see above. I can no longer count how many times this has happened and will continue to happen in the future.

As a part of my nature I'm consistent so I will always bring the question to the forum where I'm happy to answer it and I'll consistently recommend you add a random orbital polisher to your collection of tools.

Then if you MUST start with a rotary because the paint is in such bad condition then go for it but do a second step with a random orbital polisher to remove the holograms.

I have lots of articles on the problem with rotaries and holograms, but no time to cyber-dig them up.

Use Google and type in

holograms rotary buffer mike Phillips

and you should get some links to check out.

Then get "The Complete Guide to a Show Car Shine", it's available as an e-book that can be e-mailed to you and then the links in the articles you can click on.

It will teach you how to use an orbital. Link is in my Signature Line of every post I make.

Also, if you're doing production detailing get a bottle of BLACKFIRE One-Step to use with your orbital and keep life and your detailing business SIMPLE. Click the link below and look what I was able to do with a SIMPLE orbital polisher and BLACKFIRE One Step.

Review: BLACKFIRE One-Step Cleaner/Wax by Mike Phillips

Hope that helps and here's the link to join the forum and interact with me here instead of in e-mail

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/register.php

Thanks Mike I hope your good Im going to read it !

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by medinaant5 View Post

Thanks Mike I hope your good Im going to read it !

And thank you for joining the forum.

This forum is the most powerful tool in your detailing arsenal.

Remember...

Detailing a car starts with the brain... not the buffer....

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Autogeek!

Where are you from, Medinaant5?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rod73 View Post
    Welcome to Autogeek!

Where are you from, Medinaant5?
    From Chihuahua México, It's near from El paso Tx Border!