autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Power lock plus question

I don’t remember exactly what was said but I heard that when using power lock plus that you should either toss out the towels and applicator after you are finished applying it. Or maybe it was you have to keep those towels and applicators separate from other towels and applicators. What do I need to know regarding this when using this product? I could be getting this confused with a video I saw on ceramic coatings tho because the coating hardens on he towels and could scratch the paint if you reuse them later on. Any advice here?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Power lock plus question

Just wash your MF Towels like you regularly do. DO NOT toss them. You applicator can be cleaned to, however, there will be some residue. You can keep the applicator as a dedicated applicator. SOME ceramic coatings IMO it IS necessary to throw the MF Towel away. Some you don't. I would insect the MF towel before I decide to keep or throw away. SO FAR, I have not thrown any away. But it might be different with a different Coating.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    Just wash your MF Towels like you regularly do. DO NOT toss them. You applicator can be cleaned to, however, there will be some residue. You can keep the applicator as a dedicated applicator. SOME ceramic coatings IMO it IS necessary to throw the MF Towel away. Some you don't. I would insect the MF towel before I decide to keep or throw away. SO FAR, I have not thrown any away. But it might be different with a different Coating.
    Ok, thanks. I was hoping I didn’t have to toss them. Worst case I’ll just keep them as dedicated power lock towels and applicator. I’m still trying to decide whether I want to use the power lock or try the Collinite 845. I’ve never used either and im just getting into detailing since the purchase of a couple new vehicles. In the past I always just used waxes and products bought from Walmart and parts stores. Pretty excited to use my new polisher to apply either the power lock or Collinite but just have to decide which one. Maybe power lock topped with Collinite, who knows

Post Thanks / Like

The trick is to throw them in a bucket of water as soon as you are done using them. By doing this you are preventing the ceramic to dry in the towel and applicator. Once washed they will be fine. If you don't keep them soaking wet and let the ceramic dry, ya, throw them away.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple more questions about power lock plus.
    1. Can I use this stuff on my factory painted wheels? or should I use a dedicated wheel coating due to the heat in that area?
    2. How does it react with black rubber and trim if I get it on there by accident? Is it just like wax and leaves a white spot until you get it removed or will it permanently discolor or what? Just wondering how careful I need to be when applying.

Post Thanks / Like

You can use it or just about any sealant you want on your wheels. I can't remember if Powerlock will stain trim. I want to say no though.