autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Mike Phillips

Optimum No Rinse on My Classic Car!

Optimum No Rinse on My Classic Car!

This segment ran a few weeks ago, (I DVR all these).

I wrote all the dialog for every segment we filmed this year, still have the original paper copy for what I wrote. For each segment I personally called the owner/chemist/staff etc., to share what I wrote and then get their approval, (normal and professional courtesy), and the info shared and process shared came from both Dr. David Ghoudussi (President and Chemist) and also Ivan Yvan Lacroix his Director Of Training.

I point this out as I heard some experts on Facebook were arguing over this segment.

Dr. David Ghoudussi is the owner and chemist behind Optimum Polymer Technologies and is also a great guy with an extensive history and contributions to the car painting and car detailing world.

I’ll send him the link to this thread, so if you have any comments, questions or feedback for David please post them, I’m sure he would love to hear what your thinking.

Here some screenshots using my cell phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Re: Optimum No Rinse on My Classic Car!

Optimum Polymer Technologies makes great products!

On Autogeek.com

All Optimum products

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love the online/facebook experts

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post

Gotta love the online/facebook experts

I didn't see the discussion, don't really care to argue with anyone plus it's always a waste of time.

I guess their big rub was that I sprayed too many sprays of the Opti-Seal over the section of paint I just cleaned. Here's the deal.... I don't know how much TV these guys have done but on TV you over do things, you over dramatize things or there's no impact. It's less about detailing than it is about entertainment and most detailers never get this.

5. Likes Eldorado2k, ronkh57, The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Here's the deal.... I don't know how much TV these guys have done but on TV you over do things, you over dramatize things or there's no impact. It's less about detailing than it is about entertainment and most detailers never get this.

I can attest to this.^
    During the filming of the Competition Ready episode, Mike encouraged everyone to use everything available to us and don’t be shy about it. That lead to fingerpocket applicators, fancy tire & rubber applicators, dedicated clay lube [Pinnacle], we even broke out brand new microfiber gloves🧤
    There must’ve been at least 60-70 foam pads maybe more for us to use, endless supply of brand new plush microfiber towels... It was like a detailing buffet.Optimum No Rinse on My Classic Car!Optimum No Rinse on My Classic Car!

On a similar note: A while back while I was at the Meguiars Garage for TNOG we started things off by claying the vehicle of a special invited guest [1 of the few times I made it there early] I forgot who passed me the claybar but I remember saying “whoa that’s alot of clay” they said don’t worry about it, there’s plenty more.

Up until then I had always been the type of person who used as little clay as I needed per situation, always trying to preserve or whatever... But when I used that big chunk [it was at least a whole 80gm. bar, maybe 2] I realized what a difference it made and ever since that day I’m no longer stingy with the clay, I use a big chunk and it’s better in every way.Optimum No Rinse on My Classic Car!