autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Mike Phillips

Tornador on My Classic Car!

Tornador on My Classic Car!

Did anyone see the Tornador segment on “My Classic Car”?

Here’s some screenshots I took with my cell phone.

Dennis Dehn - the inventor and President of Tornador Tools is a great guy with an extensive history and contributions to the car detailing world.

I’ll send him the link to this thread, so if you have any comments, questions or feedback for Dennis please post them, I’m sure he would love to hear what your thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes JKDesign, Aaryn NZ, axel06 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Tornador on My Classic Car!

Tornador makes great tools, of course you need a large air compressor.

On Autogeek.com

All Tornador Tools

4. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Apart from YouTube we don't get My Classic Car on TV down here yet. A shame because its a great show.

I love my Tornador tools & they're well used tools in the shop. My Classic Tornador is around 14 years old now, it can sometimes be a bit temperamental nowadays but in saying that - I'm yet to replace the siphon tube. Even though I have the Tornador Black, I do still reach for my Classic alot.

The Tornador Black is a smooth machine. Much more efficient but, & this could be a localised "but" I find my one leaks solution from what I guess is a breather hole in the cap. While this isn't the end of the world, it does stop me from reaching for the Tornador Black more often.

Fantastic tools & pretty versatile at that.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

Apart from YouTube we don't get My Classic Car on TV down here yet. A shame because its a great show.

I love my Tornador tools & they're well used tools in the shop. My Classic Tornador is around 14 years old now, it can sometimes be a bit temperamental nowadays but in saying that - I'm yet to replace the siphon tube. Even though I have the Tornador Black, I do still reach for my Classic alot.

The Tornador Black is a smooth machine. Much more efficient but, & this could be a localised "but" I find my one leaks solution from what I guess is a breather hole in the cap. While this isn't the end of the world, it does stop me from reaching for the Tornador Black more often.

Fantastic tools & pretty versatile at that.

Aaryn NZ.

Thanks for sharing your personal testimony to the quality and performance of Tornador tools.

Dennis and his team will be at Detail Fest in a few weeks, if you like I can introduce you personally to Dennis.

See here,

Detail Fest 2018- Vendors

7. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ, axel06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike, I caught up with the team from Tornador at Detail Fest & they were even so kind as to rummage through their inventory to find me the gasket that fixed my Tornador Black leaking issue. First class service right there.

I had every intention of picking up a Tornador Air Blow Out Gun whilst I was at Detail Fest & after my man Don said he had heard good things about the Velocity Vac I was curious about this too.

Having been impressed that they were willing to take the time to sort my issue out on the spot & not ask me for a single cent for the trouble, I proceeded to purchase the Tornador Velocity Vac & the Tornador Air Blow Out Gun, & man - they sure looked after me.

Very impressed with the service I received from the entire team from Tornador, it was a total pleasure meeting them & doubling my Tornador tool selection while I was there.

Aaryn NZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

9. Likes fly07sti, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

. . . So, I've had a few days to try out my new tools in a "real world" situation & I can't say I'm disappointed.

A bit of a background - Us Kiwi folks or New Zealanders we tend to be pretty rough on things down here & seem to be a reactive bunch rather than a proactive one. This lends itself to dirty vehicles so a tool like the Tornador Velocity Vac ( Tornador ZV-240 Velocity Vac Dry ) can save time on that tedious vacuum process, then I'm a fan.

I bought the first generation Vacuum Attachment from Tornador & while it worked okay it was a bit chunky & clumsy & the channel for anything being vacuumed up was unrealistically narrow so often got clogged up with debris.

Like I mentioned - I had good reliable information that this Tornador Velocity Vac worked well & after studying it carefully in hand at Detail Fest - I took it home to New Zealand with me.

Some of you may know from my previous posting history, I see some pretty dirty vehicles & over the last few days I tested the Tornador Velocity Vac out on a couple of Utes. (trucks) They weren't by any means in terrible condition but the carpet in these Holden Colorados are manufactured to test detailers sanity I swear! So - on to performance. A section of carpet (a single foot well) in the state they were in would normally take around around 5 - 8 minutes to vacuum just vacuuming alone. I attached the Tornador Velocity Vac to my vacuum & had the section done in mere seconds!! Yes, seconds! Not minutes, seconds!

Absolutely outstanding performance from this tool, it surprised me to be 100% honest but I'm super happy I picked one up. Build quality is right on point as is the normal with Tornador Tools & I can see myself picking up another for the shop in the not too distant future.

Aaryn NZ.

11. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes Diner liked this post