autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Rupes system and Wolfang DGPS

Have been out detailing world for sometime, decided to jump back in.
    So after some research decided to go with the Rupes “system” think I finally gotten everything together, items include15 Mark ll and mini 75E along with Rupes pads and polishes.

So now I thinking about using the Wolfang DGPS, what another “System “.
    The question I have, will I be fine using the Rupes system and then apply the DSGS over let’s say the white/white .

Thank You in advance for any advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes system and Wolfang DGPS

You will need to buy some sunglasses to shade your eyes from the most beautiful paint you have ever polished. Wolfgang DGPS is really great on perfectly polished paint.

Mike Phillips

You know, we has a talk about the topic of,

People choosing which polisher to purchase

Here at Autogeek, and I shared that I answer this question all the time on the forum. In fact, I get asked this type of question so often that I wrote two articles to help people make the decision.

I'd highly recommend you read both, don't scan but read, then put together your budget and at the end of the day you'll be happy with your purchase without any buyers remorse. Specifically read what I have to say about the RUPES system.

Here's the first article I'd recommend you read,

FLEX 3401 or RUPES? - A question I get asked a lot! -Mike Phillips

And for everyone reading this that are not ready to drop $400.00+ for a polisher PLUS the pads and chemicals, then read this article,

Here's what you need to get into machine polishing - Recommendations for a beginner by Mike Phillips

TONS OF HELPFUL INFORMATION IN BOTH ARTICLES.

And of course, help others you meet with the same question --> which polisher should I get? --> and share the link with them the above two articles.

4. Likes custmsprty, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike I guess I did not make myself clear, I did read your article , it was one of the reasons I bought the Rupes "System" , I like kiss.
    My question is I have all of this rupes pads and polishes, and thinking about using Wolfgang DPGS for the first time. According to the DPGS I should be using there polishes to prep for DPGS.

So do I need to now purchase Wolfgang polishes, and different pads ?
    Do I use the Wolfgang polishes with my rupes pads ?

Back to the original post "The question I have, will I be fine using the Rupes system and then apply the DSGS over let’s say the white/white ".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Outklassed View Post
    Mike I guess I did not make myself clear, I did read your article , it was one of the reasons I bought the Rupes "System" , I like kiss.
    My question is I have all of this rupes pads and polishes, and thinking about using Wolfgang DPGS for the first time. According to the DPGS I should be using there polishes to prep for DPGS.

Back to the original post "The question I have, will I be fine using the Rupes system and then apply the DSGS over let’s say the white/white ".
    RUPES Compounds, Polishing Compounds, and Polishes shouldn't interfere with the bonding of Wolfgang DSGS. They are water-soluble products that are bodyshop safe and shouldn't interfere with most sealants from bonding.

In my opinion, no you don't need Wolfgang Polishes
    If you go with Wolfgang polishes, you can try them on RUPES pads. You might see a reduction in the life of the blue foam depending on what solvent the compound uses.
    DSGS should work fine over white/white.

Post Thanks / Like

WG DGPS application is completely independent from the Rupes system polishes, so don't worry about compatibility.

Basically, Rupes has their system that combines their machines, pads and polishing compounds in order to get the best paint correction possible. The DGPS is what you put on the car AFTER you finish polishing with the Rupes system in order to protect what the Rupes system did. You don't even need to use a machine to apply DGPS.

Bottom line is yes, you'll be fine putting DGPS over the Rupes products.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol @ Rupes “System”...

Only in America... hahaha.

You will be fine venturing out the “System”, the paint will still be on the car and the sun will still rise after you do.

9. Likes rangerbay liked this post
    Mike Phillips

No need... after wiping off the last RUPES polish you use go right to the Wolfgang DPGS.

Nope.

You can, I do all the time. The pads are really the key. I share this in my article,

The Air Test - Using NON RUPES pads on RUPES Polishers by Mike Phillips

The Air Test

In this picture, this RUPES BigFoot 21 is running on the 6.0 speed setting and is vibration free.

I'd say Go For It! Should look amazing when you're done.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post

Lol @ Rupes “System”...

Only in America... hahaha.

You will be fine venturing out the “System”, the paint will still be on the car and the sun will still rise after you do.

RUPES does offer a complete system, just like Griot's BOSS offers a complete system as does Meguiar's and a host of other companies.

Can you mix and match?

You bet.

But as I wrote in the article I referenced above, if you're going to go with RUPES budget for their "system" and AFTER you become an expert with it then experiment with other pads and products AND IF other pads and product's don't work at least you have the pads and products that do work that you can rely on to pull your fat our of the fire.

Not all pads work perfect or even good on RUPES polishers. The 8" 3M Waffle Foam Pad for example.

Not all products use great abrasive technology and this will show up as micro-marring when using any orbital.

So - yes... they have a real system. And I was keen to title my book specifically to indicate this...

And after teaching a RUPES class with Jason Rose - the Global Director of Training, they have even more cool stuff on the way that is a part of their system.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Duragloss 111 on their white pads regularly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast