autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Menzerna Product Questions

First of all, since this is my first post, Hello! I have been lurking on this forum for sometime and would like to say "Thanks!" I have learnt quite bit about detailing my car.

I currently have been detailing my Acura MDX (black) and Lexus GS350 (silver) with Autoglym products (I can get those locally) for sometime and have been relatively happy. I decided to graduate to a DA polisher (7424XP) and decided to purchase Menzerna Polishes for some paint corrections and sealants.

I bought the Intro Kit (PO91E & FF3000) along with Jescar Powerlock. I was just planning to use a combination of the polishes along with different pads to get the results. My last step would be to put the Powerlock sealant.

After constantly researching, I have noticed that it might be worthwhile to pickup SF3800 as it is a better finishing polish than FF3000 and will yield better results and I should use that before the powerlock sealant. Can someone provide any opinion on this?

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Menzerna Product Questions

Best finishing polish I have used is Scholl S40 on crimson Lake Country Hydrotech pad, especially on softer, stickier paints. I could never tell if 3800 was actually improving it any over 3500.

Menzerna 3500: Menzerna Nano Polish PO 106 FA, Menzerna Final Polish, Nano abrasives, finishing polish, professional polish
    Menzerna 3800: Menzerna Polish PO85RD, Mernzerna 85rd, Menzerna finish po85rd, Menzerna Super Finish Plus

Lake Country Hydrotech: Lake Country Hydro-Tech 5 1/2 x 7/8 Inch Foam Pads , hydrotech foam pads for water-based polishes, lake country foam pads, buffing pads

I know Autogeek used to list Scholl but not sure they carry the line anymore: Scholl Concepts S40 Anti-Hologram Polish

Jescar makes a nice polish as well, less oily than Menzerna: Jescar Micro Finishing Polish 8 oz.

3. Thanks Nodoller thanked for this post
    Likes Nodoller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nodoller View Post
    First of all, since this is my first post, Hello! I have been lurking on this forum for sometime and would like to say "Thanks!" I have learnt quite bit about detailing my car.

I currently have been detailing my Acura MDX (black) and Lexus GS350 (silver) with Autoglym products (I can get those locally) for sometime and have been relatively happy. I decided to graduate to a DA polisher (7424XP) and decided to purchase Menzerna Polishes for some paint corrections and sealants.

I bought the Intro Kit (PO91E & FF3000) along with Jescar Powerlock. I was just planning to use a combination of the polishes along with different pads to get the results. My last step would be to put the Powerlock sealant.

After constantly researching, I have noticed that it might be worthwhile to pickup SF3800 as it is a better finishing polish than FF3000 and will yield better results and I should use that before the powerlock sealant. Can someone provide any opinion on this?

Thanks in advance!
    1st Welcome to AGO! As for Menzerna Products; they are AWESOME! IMO you can't go wrong with either of the Final Polishes FF3000 or SF3500 or SF3800. I have BOTH the SF3500 and SF3800 (have not used the FF3000). Might I suggest going with the SF3500. I really can't tell the difference (sf3500 vs. SF3800) in terms of finish even side by side comparison. Jescar Powerlock is the same as Menzerna Powerlock. Jescar is the US version of Menzerna or something like that. I have tried several different brands of compounds and polishes and just stick with Menzerna as they seem to be BEST FOR ME. So if it were me go for the SF3500. I am positive you will not be disappointed.

Menzerna compound and polish is my Go-to products for correcting. Powerlock is great too! PS: Pictures when you are done detailing your ride with whatever product you decide to choose!

This might help you a little more

Menzerna, Menzerna Polishing Compounds Products, Menzerna FMJ, menzerna polishes, menzerna car polish, menzerna nano polish, menzerna final polish,
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

5. Thanks Nodoller thanked for this post
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never used the 3000, but 3500 (SF4000 as it was once known) is incredible.

I love it with Lake Country Tangerine Hydrotech pads, and the PC 7424.

7. Thanks Nodoller thanked for this post
    Likes Kamakaz1961, AZpolisher15 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input, I think I will pick up SF3800 as well. I will most definitely put up pictures as I feel I have learnt lots and give another beginner a good starting point.

I did grab a couple of LC pads but they are the waffle type as all the vidoes that I was viewing were using those. (Lake Country 6.5 Inch CCS Pads 6 Pack - Your Choice!) I grabbed various colors and I can always grab more if need be.

Post Thanks / Like

Get a 5" backing plate and some 5.5" thin-pro pads.Lake Country ThinPro Foam Pad System 5.5 Inch They are the best combo for the Porter Cable. Save your money and just stop at 3500 because your eyes won't be able to see the difference. I have both 3800 and 3500 and can't tell either.

10. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    I've never used the 3000, but 3500 (SF4000 as it was once known) is incredible.

I love it with Lake Country Tangerine Hydrotech pads, and the PC 7424.
    I still have my bottle of sf4000 or 3500 as it's now know. (why do these guys do this to us?) haha.

It's great on a car that doesn't need much work. Took out any little scratch, swirl and mark without an issue and still gave a great shine. I used CCS white pads and then I use the power lock. Results last all summer long on my DD.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

12. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belo View Post
    I still have my bottle of sf4000 or 3500 as it's now know. (why do these guys do this to us?) haha.

It's great on a car that doesn't need much work. Took out any little scratch, swirl and mark without an issue and still gave a great shine. I used CCS white pads and then I use the power lock. Results last all summer long on my DD.
    I'm still disappointed in the label change.

But the stuff works great!

14. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    1st Welcome to AGO! As for Menzerna Products; they are AWESOME! IMO you can't go wrong with either of the Final Polishes FF3000 or SF3500 or SF3800. I have BOTH the SF3500 and SF3800 (have not used the FF3000). Might I suggest going with the SF3500. I really can't tell the difference (sf3500 vs. SF3800) in terms of finish even side by side comparison. Jescar Powerlock is the same as Menzerna Powerlock. Jescar is the US version of Menzerna or something like that. I have tried several different brands of compounds and polishes and just stick with Menzerna as they seem to be BEST FOR ME. So if it were me go for the SF3500. I am positive you will not be disappointed.

Menzerna compound and polish is my Go-to products for correcting. Powerlock is great too! PS: Pictures when you are done detailing your ride with whatever product you decide to choose!

This might help you a little more

Menzerna, Menzerna Polishing Compounds Products, Menzerna FMJ, menzerna polishes, menzerna car polish, menzerna nano polish, menzerna final polish,
    Can you share any thoughts about Menzerna 2500? I'm wondering if I can one-step a swirled our black Nissan with the 2500 in prep for McKee's Paint Coating?

Post Thanks / Like

I have never used Menzerna 2500 and I believe that IS NOT an AIO. Menzerna has an AIO and I would go that route if you are looking for a 1 Step. With the 2500 you will need to prep afterwards for a sealant, wax or coating. That is my Guess!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

17. Likes AZpolisher15 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast