autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mothers California Gold Cleaner Wax Question

I'm not from Mother's but do have just a second before I leave for a training at my 'real job'. Company going to G Suite--anyway... Bob, or FUNX650, whose opinion I tend to trust on here, along with Mike and many others... mentioned something in a thread I can't recall right now about beading vs sheeting kind of thing... 'beading' not necessarily being 'better' than sheeting in terms of indicating protection on the paint... and it may even cause more water spotting, etc... so if the wax you are using is 'sheeting' yet still protecting, I'd say that's a good thing... maybe Bob or one of the other folks will chime in... good luck

peace

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goonie75 View Post
    I'm not from Mother's but do have just a second before I leave for a training at my 'real job'. Company going to G Suite--anyway... Bob, or FUNX650, whose opinion I tend to trust on here, along with Mike and many others... mentioned something in a thread I can't recall right now about beading vs sheeting kind of thing... 'beading' not necessarily being 'better' than sheeting in terms of indicating protection on the paint... and it may even cause more water spotting, etc... so if the wax you are using is 'sheeting' yet still protecting, I'd say that's a good thing... maybe Bob or one of the other folks will chime in... good luck

peace
    Thank you for the input. Not sure if Mothers Synthetic is sapposed to bead or sheet. or did it just wear off quick. i rinsed it and very little very loose beads.

Post Thanks / Like

not to mention I just looked up reviews on different sites Seems longevity is what most people who complain about are saying. at best last two weeks ?

Just call me Mr. Mom
    Post Thanks / Like

If you had difficulty in removal, my first thought would be too heavy of an application - it should be a haze on the paint, not turn white. I assume you weren't doing it out in the sun or on a hot paint surface, correct?

Our synthetic product is a much "softer" wax than the carnauba product - there's less slickness so I'd expect to see more sheeting than beading going on with it. I love the synthetic (particularly the paste) for ease of removal.

I'm getting on a plane (was at AutoGeek filming video spots the last 2 days) and heading home in the morning. You may want to call and speak with Jim D (714-891-3364) in tech support after 8:30 West coast time tomorrow - he can fill you in on more details while I'm traveling.

5. Likes dlc95, Fwawa20 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

so as a rule Synthetic waxes produce a sheeting more than a beading effect ?

Just call me Mr. Mom
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't speak for other brands, only for ours - since our synthetic is softer, you won't get beading like our carnauba based product.

Beading (or sheeting) isn't the only sign of a product's presence, nor should the lack of it mean the product isn't present any more. Sorry, but there's really no hard and fast rule you can rely on. Find the product you like, use it frequently, and enjoy life.

8. Likes SNP209, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by forrest@mothers View Post
    I can't speak for other brands, only for ours - since our synthetic is softer, you won't get beading like our carnauba based product.

Beading (or sheeting) isn't the only sign of a product's presence, nor should the lack of it mean the product isn't present any more. Sorry, but there's really no hard and fast rule you can rely on. Find the product you like, use it frequently, and enjoy life.
    Well I really have had great luck with Mothers. Id like to stay loyal to it. thanks for your input.I gotta stop thinking old school. You taught a old dog a new trick. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goonie75 View Post

peace
    Living in Florida we get sun its hot as hell. then a down pour. my car beads up then the sun comes back out again. yes making waters spots. thats what I am trying to avoid. I already have some spotting as it is. Im not sure that when I use the synthetic wax it is sheeting. just know I used it. car looked great. very happy. week latter I rinse it to wash and the seems like the water was just sitting on the car. kinda flat.

Post Thanks / Like

If you can dry it off after the rains, use a quick detailer or spray wax as a drying agent and good microfiber towels. Makes for less spotting, and helps to maintain you're finish. If you can't always dry it off, and I know its impossible to do, use the detailer or spray wax weekly, and it will still help a lot.

I'm in south Alabama, so I do understand rain spots!

Post Thanks / Like

yeah the issue with that is it rains lets say at noon. I dont get out till 5. damage done. it is what it is I guess. i was just taken back at a week latter I rinesed the car before washing and the water just sat there. almost like it had no wax at all. maybe thats by design i dont know.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast