autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Paintless dent removal

I want to hear any comments bout this product I never saw before.

WOYOSMART Paintless Dent Repair WOYO PDR-007

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Paintless dent removal

I'm not a believer in these types of products, but this one appears to be accepted by the PDR industry. The dry ice method or the heat method have been around for years and only work on certain types of dents. This is using induction heat with magnetic capability to remove "soft" dents. A soft dent is one that doesn't have any sharp edges, crowns, creases, or on body lines. They are usually created by something hitting the metal straight on and not hard enough to do major damage, but enough to leave a dent.

If you are not familiar with PDR, then this is not the tool to buy. You need to be able to finish the dent. This tool will over lift the dent creating a mound that needs to be tapped back down flat. Unless you're familiar with that technique, you could do more damage than good. Also, it's using induction heat, so you could easily burn the paint if you're not careful. It might be a good start for light hail damaged cars, but again, each dent still needs to be finished.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Consider this: You spend thousands of dollars to get your vehicle repaired only to get a poorly trained technician grind and sand off the perfect coat of paint from your vehicle and replace the superior quality exterior of your car with a poor quality material.

Unlike conventional dent repair, PDR is a less invasive process and requires an exceptionally skilled person to do it. Offering you a true fix, it maintains the factory paint and provides a fix that doesn’t cause you any stress about the products used by the technician.

Post Thanks / Like

That is good timing for me on this topic. I ordered a paintless dent removal kit off Amazon and received it today. It has a bridge puller and a level puller with a ton of tabs of various shapes and sizes for glue pulling of dents.

Doesn't have a line board, so I think I will get one. It looks much easier to see what you are doing with one.

So if you are doing PDR, I would love to chat with you. Please private message me, I have a few questions.

I have watched maybe 10 hours worth of videos so far, but I still a few things I am not certain about.

Because I am a detailer and don't plan to offer this service as a stand alone, it's more about offering to pull out easy dents when I see them on vehicles my clients want me to detail. So when it's a dent on a body like or something super complex, I am not even gonna mention it

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, I leave it to the expert. I detail they fix dents. I have a young gentlemen, that does all my work. When I talk with my client and they have small dents I arrange to have him come the first morning to handle the work. Once he’s done I start my work and make it a win, win for all parties.

I am charged wholesale, but I don’t upcharge my client. This keeps them coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WTAGGART View Post
    To be honest, I leave it to the expert. I detail they fix dents. I have a young gentlemen, that does all my work. When I talk with my client and they have small dents I arrange to have him come the first morning to handle the work. Once he’s done I start my work and make it a win, win for all parties.

I am charged wholesale, but I don’t upcharge my client. This keeps them coming back.

I have a small dent I'd like removed, would you mind forwarding me your PDR guy's contact information? I'm in central NJ in Laurence Harbor.

Post Thanks / Like

I had DENT WIZARD take care of a pea size dent on my passenger side front fender. Dealer took care of the cost being it was a NEW truck. It was amazing to watch. Got behind the panel and got it right out. Like it never happened. I have respect for the trade and the people who do this.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Carmen, I use Dent Tech who is located in Sussex County, Shawn Cooney 973-600-2268 NewJersey@DentTechPDR.com. I am not sure how far he travels.

Post Thanks / Like

None of the examples from this device fix the dent. Notice the lines are curved when they are done.....all they have done is create a larger softer high spot/crown vs actually leveling the dent.

I have a glue pull kit from amazon that was a couple hundred bucks but it removed 8/13 dents on our previous van 100%. The rest were near 90%+ and only one was slightly worse and I left it. It paid for itself on my van thus I will keep it and use it again on older vehicles. Otherwise I have a shop that does them cheap and will continue to use the old school push method.

On my son's Jeep I'll be using it to fix what I can but will be waiting until it's warm outside as I'll need to remove the coating / LSP from the areas so the glue sticks.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Found another one a few Saturdays back after washing. Front of hood. On a flat surface. Must have been a rock? Called the guy from dent wizards, but the changed his route. So called the dealer, and they now use dent king I think. Gave him a call. He his right up from me at a local dealer. Guess he made some kind of arrangement with them to set up shop there. Took it this morning. Dent is gone. And wallet is a few $$ lighter. It is a valid service and fun to watch. 15 min later like it never happened.
    2018 Colorado ZR2