autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why isn't there a universal color code for buffing pads?

I use four different and distinct brands of pads, all with dissimilar color assignment, including Chinese SPTA pads plus three brands available here or from CG. They are all different. I made a spreadsheet, printed it on a large address label and stuck the address label on my cart, in my pad cabinet and on the tool caddy where my polishers are stored.

I only use the SPTA pads for applying wax and grungy work where the pad is going to get destroyed so there are only two entries for those pads. The rest are 4-5-6 entries depending on the brand and variants.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a much more low-tech method to categorize my pads. I take a Sharpie and write on the edge of the pad... "POLISH", "MEDIUM" or "HEAVY". I can usually tell what brand the pad is by the shape so I only need to know how much cut it will give.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish all of the manufactures printed on the back of the bad what it was-I know some do. I too do the sharpie just in case, but most of the times it comes down to feel unfortunately since I have such a mix/match set of pads.

Post Thanks / Like

If pad manufacturers could print or screen print the pad name (flat, HDO, etc) and the cut (heavy cut, polish, finish, etc.) this would help a lot, Rupes is doing this with their new MF pads.
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone. I have a problem with my car, and I don't know what to do, because I am a newbie and I don't have any experience in that area. The engine cranks only from the 3-4 try. What can be the problem ? One of my friends said that most likely it is happening because of the low battery, and send me this article https://www.otopartshop.com about how to jump start a car, in case of any emergency. However, I wanted to hear the oppinion of some people that know more about cars.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by goliaph View Post

Hello everyone. I have a problem with my car, and I don't know what to do, because I am a newbie and I don't have any experience in that area. The engine cranks only from the 3-4 try. What can be the problem?

See what I wrote about your posts here,

Uses for Meguiars number 7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12