autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mike Phillips

Re: This is a front angle side shot - Photography for the car detailing world by Mike Phillips

Here's the way you do it!

Mike Phillips

Re: This is a front angle side shot - Photography for the car detailing world by Mike Phillips

***Bump***

I know it can seem like a simple thing but anyone sending me pictures of cars, it helps to have the entire car in the picture. Don't chop off the front or the back.

To do this the easy way for most cameras and for camera phones, use the technique shared in this article.

Thank you!

Mike Phillips

Incredible how many people e-mail me or text me pictures of their cars and it's just a part of the car!

I don't need a picture that shows a PART of the car. I need a pictures that shows the ENTIRE CAR. There's no value in a picture of a part of a car.

It's so weird. No one ever taught me how to take pictures. No one ever taught me how a picture tells a thousand words. I figure all this is common sense?

This is called

THE FRONT SIDE ANGLE SHOT

See how it enables our eyeballs to see the ENTIRE car?

The above is the picture I need. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to get a little 'fancier", turn the steering wheel so the wheels turn to the right (assuming the picture you take is from the left)
    This shows more of the wheel and tire.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Mike Phillips

From the pictures I get sent, I can only come to the conclusion, no one knows how to take a picture that actually includes their entire car IN the picture.

Mike Phillips

Re: The front side angle shot - Photography for the car detailing world by Mike Phillips

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The front side angle shot - Photography for the car detailing world by Mike Phillips

How is this one

The front side angle shot - Photography for the car detailing world by Mike Phillips-03c5d331-ace2-4bdd-9093-a6a3a79b9576-jpg

http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post

How is this one
    Nice car, nice shot but not what I'm looking for when I want to share a car on the Internet to show people what a car looks like.

I want the GRILL because it's one of the FEW ways to identify what the heck the car is and I don't want anything cut off, like the front, back, top or bottom of the car.

If you read the first post, I wrote this because when I'm getting cars lined up for a class, I ask people to send me a picture of the car. If I don't share this article with them I get the crappiest pictures.

It's actually hard for me to believe in the year 2019 that I have to teach people how to take a picture of their car so the ENTIRE car is in the picture.

It's actually ridiculous. But hey, that's what I do - I TEACH people.

Post Thanks / Like

The front side angle shot - Photography for the car detailing world by Mike Phillips-805edaae-0c3a-4832-b586-bb08d8746e9c-jpg The front side angle shot - Photography for the car detailing world by Mike Phillips-8d0cc713-d60c-4279-a784-9b81ba17bc4c-jpg The front side angle shot - Photography for the car detailing world by Mike Phillips-647a4984-7f70-4b61-b8ef-46e342cee912-jpg The front side angle shot - Photography for the car detailing world by Mike Phillips-ff84c6cb-edf9-4cf9-a0b4-878ecb6466fb-jpg The front side angle shot - Photography for the car detailing world by Mike Phillips-277cf810-3bcd-49e8-8d22-0535d91f9708-jpg
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12