autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Menzerna or Griot's? Which products should I use?

For the Menzerna fans, how do you deal with the oils it leaves behind after polishing? I hear they leave quite a bit behind.

I'm at a point where all my vehicles are coated. Both of the polishes I've used previously BF SRC Polish and Meg's UP, are pretty oily too and getting the panel perfectly clean has been rather difficult.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Because of the abrasives in Menzerna, Nate, I buff out for a long time leaving an almost transparent film. I wipe with Car Pro Eraser and it cleans up nicely.

I then use a pre coating cleaner to make sure the paint is ready for the coating.

3. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    Because of the abrasives in Menzerna, Nate, I buff out for a long time leaving an almost transparent film. I wipe with Car Pro Eraser and it cleans up nicely.

I then use a pre coating cleaner to make sure the paint is ready for the coating.
    Thanks. I've been using the Blackfire paint prep spray. It sounds like I might need to use a different product like Eraser or Prep that might be better at cleaning up the residue.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

5. Likes Paul A. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    For the Menzerna fans, how do you deal with the oils it leaves behind after polishing? I hear they leave quite a bit behind.

I'm at a point where all my vehicles are coated. Both of the polishes I've used previously BF SRC Polish and Meg's UP, are pretty oily too and getting the panel perfectly clean has been rather difficult.
    I follow Meguiar's M205 with M21, and Ultimate Polish with Ultimate Liquid Wax. These particular Meguiar's sealants are designed to work with whatever oils these polishes leave behind.

I'm general I find the Meguiar's to wipe away cleaner and faster, where PF2500, and SF4000 are a little more stout.

I've had issues in the past wiping off the Menzerna, but looking back, it was probably because I used too much on my pad. When I started backing off on the reloads, it was much easier to remove.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Menzerna or Griot's? Which products should I use?

Anytime I get questions via e-mail, a PM or a FB message I prefer to invest my typing time where

A: It's easier for me to share links, pictures and videos.

B: More people can read and thus benefit from the information. (no just one set of eyeballs)

So I get an e-mail asking,

Hey Mike I know your a busy guy

Thanks for reaching out to me, I don't have time to answer individual e-mail where only one set of eyeballs will see the time-investment in typing out helpful, detailed how-to information.

So I sent the link to this thread to the guy that e-mailed me his questions. I don't know if he ever took the time to read all the GREAT replies from everyone or not, that's the problem with people that don't get on our forum.

Or - maybe he joined the forum but never took the time to reply to "his thread". This is always why I prefer NOT to answer questions via e-mail, I can invest a LOT of Autogeek's time for no or very little return and too many people simply don't understand that...

I don't remember him or most the people that email me questions ever replying back to me via e-mail or via the threads I take company time to create for them.

Thank you to everyone that replied to this thread and offered the person help...

8. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post

Exactly. My problem with Menzerna 3500, MC2500, Blackfire SRC Polish, and even occasionally with SRC Compound is that even if I completely over work them and do 8-10 passes, on most paints they still smear upon removal. I know carpro eraser and other panel wipe products are effective at removing these oils but once I tried HD Polish+ and more recently Boss Perfecting Cream I found that they not only finish better, but the lubricating agents in their emulsions are able to be wiped away CLEAN, and contain better abrasive technology IMO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I don't know if he ever took the time to read all the GREAT replies from everyone or not, that's the problem with people that don't get on our forum.

Or - maybe he joined the forum but never took the time to reply to "his thread". This is always why I prefer NOT to answer questions via e-mail, I can invest a LOT of Autogeek's time for no or very little return and too many people simply don't understand that...

Thank you to everyone that replied to this thread and offered the person help...
    Whether or not that guy read all the great replies, you taking the time to [smartly] create this thread instead of doing an email reply helps others out. Such as myself. I take value in threads like this, with feedback from other users. One great example is Cruz who has to work in his hot, desert environment!

Thank you all for posting

edit: For what it's worth, I have tried both BOSS and Menz. As much as I liked the cut offered by Menz FG400, I didn't care for the scent. I regretted cleaning my pads by hand in the bathroom sink. The smell lingered for several days

11. Thanks jdne5b thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post

Whether or not that guy read all the great replies, you taking the time to [smartly] create this thread instead of doing an email reply helps others out. Such as myself.

I take value in threads like this, with feedback from other users. One great example is Cruz who has to work in his hot, desert environment!

Thank you all for posting

Thanks for sharing that... one aspect of sharing questions I get via e-mail that leverages my typing time.

13. Thanks JustJesus, Dan Tran thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12