autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can't remove micromarring

Quote Originally Posted by brettS4 View Post
    Learning to correct paint is not an overnight process. But you can do it if you give yourself a little time. It can definitely be frustrating when you're starting out, but don't try to take shortcuts. If you do a half-assed job you'll eventually end up redoing it.

Personally, I would not put a ceramic coat over something I wasn't happy with.

Start by getting some good pads. I'd also suggest Griots Fast Correcting Cream and Perfecting Cream.

In a couple weekends you'll have the car looking the way you want and you'll be happy you put in the effort to do it right.
    I would love to have those products, but a problem is that in Mexico i can't find (specially the part in Mexico where i live) some brands, all i can find is 3M (cheeeeaaaap products here), meguiars consumer line, and old meguiar's m105 and m83/80 combo, menzerna (which looks like is going to be my fail safe product), that's all, the rest i need to wait for a nice discount code to appear in autogeek to be worth getting, so ill get this products but i need to be black friday or something because the product itself + tax + shipping inside USA+ shipping to Mexico + International taxes + coin exchange is really expensive for me, so i need to get at least a 20% to be worth it.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    If you are going to be using finest I would be using essence

I could have read your process wrong but it Sounds like however you are going from compound with MF pad right to a non cutting foam pad with a polish. You need a polishing pad to remove the haze from a MF pad and a heavy compound and finishing or waxing pad won’t do it

If you are just using standard waxes or sealants you could try the sonax perfect finish on a foam pad or meguiars d301 on a finishing MF pad as your polish. Hd polish is also good

There are many good polishes some just seem to work better than others on some paints. Sometimes you gotta work it more some Times less

You will get it just takes some time and test spots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yeah i know, the second round of pictures you see here, i did a pass with the polishing step, now it looks really really better, but still some micro mini pig tails left by the polishing step, i guess i need a 3rd step.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well quick reply, i finally made it, i finished the car the way i wanted, the end result is this:

It took me sooo much time because i'm pretty sure i'm in need for more products and pads since most i own are heavy cut compound/pad combo, so i'll open a new thread asking for your advice for products to buy.

Thank you all for the help you provided me, i'm really thankful to you all.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234