autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Which color brush best for DA Polisher tire scrubbing?

From everyone's experience, which color brush is the best general purpose scrub brush for use ON TIRES with a DA polisher? After watching Mike Phillips and reading threads from the forum, I'm leaning toward the aqua brush (even though the grey brush would probably spin better). I feel like the grey would be too soft, and the white and black too harsh. Anyone have experience with using these brushes on tires with a DA polisher and can share their experiences?

Porter Cable 7424 Carpet & Upholstery Brushes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which color brush best for DA Polisher tire scrubbing?

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishRider View Post
    From everyone's experience, which color brush is the best general purpose scrub brush for use ON TIRES with a DA polisher? After watching Mike Phillips and reading threads from the forum, I'm leaning toward the aqua brush (even though the grey brush would probably spin better). I feel like the grey would be too soft, and the white and black too harsh. Anyone have experience with using these brushes on tires with a DA polisher and can share their experiences?

well the black one does say for tires on it .. and it's the only one that says tires. I would use the black one. You do want a pretty stiff brush for tires... buuut if you are doing that just think about how hard it will be to get right on the edge where the rim is ... I would be worried about it hitting the rim and scratching it. I would just stick with using a handheld brush for tires, more control that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike Phillips is using the Aqua brush in this video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cxO6u2xSbIo

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'll go with the aqua one then. The black one that says it's for tires looks too stiff, and I'm worried about wheel damage if I happen to touch the wheel when scrubbing the tires.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe Mike P usually recommends the soft gray one and also uses the soft aqua one.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...ever-used.html

In one of his post he's says the softer brushes rotate better than the stiff ones on tires.

I just bought the stiffer white brush and it is not as stiff as I thought it would be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishRider View Post

Man I wish I would've seen this post before I placed my order... I just bought the Cyclo 2pk. of aqua brushes but what I really wanted was 1 aqua and 1 white... I didn't know they were sold individually as I didn't see them in the store. Dang that sucks! Which color brush best for DA Polisher tire scrubbing? $40 for 2 of the same brush ugh.