autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New black vehicle

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I got a 2017 Black Sierra about a month ago. It had some water spots and slight swirling. I hit it with my PC 7424, orange pads and Menzerna MC2500. Really happy with the results. I put Wolfgang deep gloss sealant on it. Looks amazing. I still really like the WGDGPS. Easy to take off and seems to last. I've kinda been out of the game for about 5 years so the SIo2 stuff has me really intrigued.

Post Thanks / Like

I would recommend doing a clay and a 2 stage polish before you seal the paint. I know that thing has D.I.S. or dealer installed swirls. With black, unless you want to 2 stage polish the thing every 6 or 8 months, you should use a coating. Puts a tough shell on the paint that resists swirls better. Just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by teamerickson View Post
    I got a 2017 Black Sierra about a month ago. It had some water spots and slight swirling. I hit it with my PC 7424, orange pads and Menzerna MC2500. Really happy with the results. I put Wolfgang deep gloss sealant on it. Looks amazing. I still really like the WGDGPS. Easy to take off and seems to last. I've kinda been out of the game for about 5 years so the SIo2 stuff has me really intrigued.
    Good to hear about the Menzerna & pad combo. I was planning to try that in the spring.

I have a black Chevy Colorado. For winter I applied WDGPS, then Poorboy's Blackhole glaze, then a 2nd layer of DGPS, no paint correction. The Poorboy's glaze made everything a little blacker and deeper.

Post Thanks / Like

New black vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by suttonri View Post
    Good to hear about the Menzerna & pad combo. I was planning to try that in the spring.

I have a black Chevy Colorado. For winter I applied WDGPS, then Poorboy's Blackhole glaze, then a 2nd layer of DGPS, no paint correction. The Poorboy's glaze made everything a little blacker and deeper.
    I agree with menzerna polishes. On Black I would maybe finish with 3500. I tried finishing with 2500 and it was still a little bit hazy. Most people wouldn’t notice but I’m a little crazy. Mine was bad enough to need 300 with a grey foam pro pad, 2500 with an orange, 3500 with and orange and then 3500 with a black in some spots to get it to a mirror although the 3500 with the orange pad finished out pretty good, the black pad came out crazy slick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Optimum gloss coat on my 13 tuxedo black, did it last spring and I will say after the prep work it s easy to use and looks great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jmeyers278 View Post
    I would recommend doing a clay and a 2 stage polish before you seal the paint. I know that thing has D.I.S. or dealer installed swirls. With black, unless you want to 2 stage polish the thing every 6 or 8 months, you should use a coating. Puts a tough shell on the paint that resists swirls better. Just a thought.
    Coat it, you won't be sorry you spent all that time and money coating it. It will make your job keeping up a black truck so much easier.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12