autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

AIO vs. multi-step application - newer paint?

I've read the average "Joe" desiring to protect their vehicle will use an all-in-one (AOI) paint cleaner/sealant. However, I have a 2013 vehicle in good paint condition and believe the AIO approach may damage the paint more than a multi-step application such as using clay, polish, then sealant.

Although I am very tempted in switching over to go with an AIO to save time and money....I am hesitant thinking it will damage the paint more. Logic tells me using an AIO on a cleaned/well cared for paint job will damage it because it has the cleaning/abrasive abilities.

Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AIO vs. multi-step application - newer paint?

An AIO will oftentimes have less abrasives then a medium cut polish.

It is recommended that you clay the paint prior to using an AIO. An AIO does not replace the claying process, it combines the polish and wax/sealant into one product. If I remember correctly Mike Phillips uses a cleaner wax or AIO on his personal truck.

Here is a link to a polish-aggressiveness chart from AGO's sister site Autopia.
    https://www.autopia.org/forums/paint...n-chart-6.htmly

Post Thanks / Like

Couple things to add. You might be happier with the results of a multi-step compounding, polishing, and waxing/sealing process. It's very possible that your car does not need the compounding, being only four years old.

Read this post/thread that Mike just posted today. It answers a ton of questions and is a very informative read. Not trying to offend with the title "beginner" this article has information that a lot of "pro" detailers could learn from.

Link:
    https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...-phillips.html

The purpose of an AIO is not perfect paint. If perfect paint is what you desire you probably want to use a medium cut polish, followed up with a finishing polish, topped with a LSP.

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever you choose to do---it won't make things any worst. It will always be better!

Even just a wash or a clay job plus wax will still be better than it was before.

Tom