autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

HD speed by hand

Anyone else try HD speed by hand. Tried a 1ftx1ft section. Put it on with a waxing pad, let it dry and wiped it off, buffing with a microfiber towel. Looks wet and really shines, the paint in question is black.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HD speed by hand

Yes, I polished my door jambs with Speed.

Dark metallic blue paint on my Pontiac TA. Same method, MF applicator, slick, glossy, removed light marring and most importantly, clean!

Post Thanks / Like

Working by machine is faster. But, that doesn't mean working by hand won't take you in the correct direction.

If you find you want a little more correction, you could get some Meguiars Ultimate Compound (UC) and use that by hand prior to applying the Speed. I'm not saying do the whole car in one session with the UC. Just pick your spots and move the paint forward. A lot of guys here use the Megs UC in areas where they have to work by hand (Under door handles, under mirrors, in and around emblems, etc.)

Post Thanks / Like

working by machine is ideal because it will break down the abrasives (AIO) which will give you better results overall...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    Yes, I polished my door jambs with Speed.

Dark metallic blue paint on my Pontiac TA. Same method, MF applicator, slick, glossy, removed light marring and most importantly, clean!
    I mostly fool around with 60-70's cars and they have a lot of metal inside I think this stuff works great. Easy on easy off and it shines very nice. This is the only 3D product I have right now, But....I think I'm going to try some of their other polishes this week with my upcoming order here.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    Working by machine is faster. But, that doesn't mean working by hand won't take you in the correct direction.

If you find you want a little more correction, you could get some Meguiars Ultimate Compound (UC) and use that by hand prior to applying the Speed. I'm not saying do the whole car in one session with the UC. Just pick your spots and move the paint forward. A lot of guys here use the Megs UC in areas where they have to work by hand (Under door handles, under mirrors, in and around emblems, etc.)
    I just picked up a bottle of Ultimate compound this week that also is nice stuff used it on a truck lid that had a few deeper scratches in the clear coat with a white pad on that baby 3" from Groits that little machine works very nice now with the 3" thin pads from Lake Country. I almost threw the machine away when I first got it trying to make it work with 4" waffle pads, the thin 3" pads work very nice. Use it a lot on the interior metal on the older cars.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    working by machine is ideal because it will break down the abrasives (AIO) which will give you better results overall...
    I think HD Speed uses SMAT and not DAT abrasives. Thus, no breakdown occurs.

Same as LEDetailing, I also use it on door jambs works great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan View Post
    I think HD Speed uses SMAT and not DAT abrasives. Thus, no breakdown occurs.

Same as LEDetailing, I also use it on door jambs works great.
    Thanks that was going to be my next question is Speed and the other polishes from HD SMAT or DAT.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anderson3754 View Post
    Thanks that was going to be my next question is Speed and the other polishes from HD SMAT or DAT.

Per David Fermani (formerly with 3D Products):
    HD Speed is a combination of 75% HD Polish & 25% HD POXY. The abrasives are identical in both products
    Thus they are all Adaptive Abrasive Technology (AAT).

Regarding using the product by hand? It's possible, you'll be at it a long time and will never achieve the results of a machine polishing as the product was intended. A hand cannot match the speed, rotation and orbit of a DA Polisher.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    Per David Fermani (formerly with 3D Products):

Thus they are all Adaptive Abrasive Technology (AAT).

Regarding using the product by hand? It's possible, you'll be at it a long time and will never achieve the results of a machine polishing as the product was intended. A hand cannot match the speed, rotation and orbit of a DA Polisher.
    Hmmm..AAT... That's interesting, now I have another topic to become familiar with.

Regards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast