autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

An Alternative To Klasse SG?

I've been using KSG for a while now on my metallic silver 2011 Silverado (nothing too fancy, but I like to keep it shiny). I apply it after the first wash after I apply 845. If I'm lucky, I can get 2 waxes a year in, but it's usually only one. It's easy to apply and remove, but I'm always looking for something new that might give me a little extra shine. I'm sold on 845, so that will be tough to get me away from...lol, but I'm open to something to replace Klasse. Can you recommend something to put on top of 845 that will get me through a year, if I can't get that second polish in?
    Ryan

Post Thanks / Like

Re: An Alternative To Klasse SG?

I actually found 845 to be slightly more durable than Klasse SG. Either one by itself would last six months in the right climate with the right care.

If you are looking for a product that will last you a year with minimal effort, a coating would be a good bet. Most other reputable sealants like Klasse will still only get you six months. The McKee's 37 coating is inexpensive (compared to other coatings), easy to apply, and should last you at least a year.

I've personally had 845 last upwards of 7~8 months when I topped it every two or three washes with a good spray wax. I don't know if you could go a year that way, but it will extend the life of the 845 if you don't want to try out a coating.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I can get close to a year with 845 & KSG. I've been very impressed with the McKee's products I've used so far. Which McKee's coating are you talking about? The only McKees product I'm not terribly crazy about is their tire gel. I use Pinnacle right now and I found that the McKees doesn't last as long as the Pinnacle, but then again the Pinnacle is almost twice the price.
    Ryan

Post Thanks / Like

I was referring to their paint coating. McKee's 37 Paint Coating

You're already using two of the most durable sealants out there. To do any better, I think you'd have to move up into coatings.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice. I think I want to stick to something a little more forgiving. The coating sounds a little scary in that it might be a little too durable for what I'm looking for. You did get me looking at McKee's 37 Hydro Blue Sio2 Coating and McKee's 37 High Def Paint Sealant.
    Ryan

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe look into Duragloss 111.

Use it with the 601 bonding agent, and it's ridiculous. Unbelievable slickness, and gloss. I've always had great luck with their sealants alone, but I anticipate even more longevity from adding the 601 to the equation. I put four dots of 111, and one dot of 601 on my pad, set the pad on the paint, turn on at speed 3 or so, let the drips mix together on the pad, and then spread it out. I reload like that each time as I go around the vehicle. Clean the pad immediately when you're through!

I think that the 601 helps prep the surface for 111. If you don't want to mess with the 601, try the 101. Another severely underrated sealant. It had just enough cleaners to remove polishing oils, and other qunk that might inhibit proper bonding.

Post Thanks / Like

I would apply the KSG first, then, if you feel you need to top it, then the #845 but like said earlier in the thread, #476 is much more durable than #845, no doubt about it.

OP, have you ever applied a 2nd coat of KSG 12 hrs after applying the first coat? This really makes the paint pop but as usual, proper paint prep is always your BEST move, then apply the protection.
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting 8-9 months easy with KAIO topped with 845. It is (for now) my go-to combo for winter. Ain't too bad in the summer either! Lol

When I use these bottles up, I might try 2-3 other things I've been looking at, but damn.... I LOVE the way my trucks' metallic gray paint pops with the Klasse & Collinite.

Hard to make the jump when you love the outcome, and the products are so damn easy to apply.

JMO
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Try this: Optimum Car Wax is a spray wax made with real carnauba and synthetic paint sealants for protection & shine! high-grade carnauba wax and silicone

I just received a gallon and plan to top all of our vehicles' horizontal surfaces for UV protection. I trust Mike and Dr. G. on this. I want this done before the summer sun gets too high in the sky.

Post Thanks / Like

If I was going to use something other
    than (yet be similar to) Klasse HGSG...
    Here's what I would use:

Sonus Acrylic Glanz Spray Sealant, Sonus paint sealant spray, spray paint sealant

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast