autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question New car exterior/interior protection questions using Wolfgang products

Hello Everyone,

We purchased a new Honda CR-V couple of months ago and planning to protect the car in and out. I have been reading about many different paint and trim sealant products and numerous forum threads and product reviews. Each time a new product is recommended by someone and it can get very confusing.

I was set on getting Wolfgang paint sealant 3.0 and Wolfgang exterior trim sealant. Both products have great reviews and seems easy for me (non-professional) to apply them. Wolfgang is offering 20% discount on their website so that helps too

As I was browsing their product line, I saw Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal. It seems to provide similar protection as WGPS 3.0 and can be used on glass, chrome and exterior trims. Feels like this is all in one kind of protection for outside of the vehicle.

I couldn't find any forum thread or review of using the Wolfgang liquid seal on the trims. Has anyone used this on exterior trims and windows/windshield? Does it provide the same protection as WG exterior trim sealant? Does it restore the black trims if they are little faded. I'd rather just get this one product and protect the exterior of the car instead of two separate products if the end result is same. With 2 little kids time is precious

Also, we have 2011 Honda Odyssey which is very neglected (trims little faded) and planning to spruce it up too using same products.

For interior, there is Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant which also has good reviews and it can be applied to the interior trims and even leather. I was thinking of getting KevianClean leather cleaner and conditioner but it seems WG cockpit trim sealant can take care of leather too so KevianClean might not be needed, any opinions?

My plan is to wash the car then use Nanoskin autoscrub fine grade sponge (clay alternative) (can I use the sponge while washing with soap or should I use their glide lubricant?), polish with Meguiar's ultimate polish and then apply the sealant.

Thanks for reading my long post and help with these questions.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New car exterior/interior protection questions using Wolfgang products

First off, those are all fantastic products. I have used all of them myself.

The paint sealant is going to be more durable than the liquid seal and can also be applied to glass, but I would not personally use it on the windshield. The sealant will normally protect for at least 6 months. It takes very little product to cover a whole vehicle, so a bottle will last a long time. The liquid seal will not be as durable but is quick and easy to apply as often as needed, and as you said can be used on glass (windshield included) and trim also. Another option would be the spritz sealant, which is a sealant/booster that can be used over the paint sealant and also be used often on the glass, etc. it is not as durable as the other two but is quick and easy to use after a wash.

The liquid seal will not restore the trim in the way that the exterior trim sealant (ETS) will. The ETS will help to restore the trim and protect it for months at a time. One small bottle of ETS will last forever using it on two vehicles.

The cockpit trim sealant is a fantastic product. It is also used sparingly, and should be applied to clean surfaces. Once you have protected the interior you probably only need to apply it every few months. I usually only need to use a damp towel to wipe down the interior every week/every other week.

My recommendation would be to get:

Exterior trim - ETS
    Interior trim and seats - cockpit trim sealant
    Exterior paint and glass - deep gloss paint sealant and spritz sealant combo, or the liquid seal

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply. Good to see the affirmation on the products I chose

Are you suggesting the spritz sealant for windows and windshield protection or as regular touch up on top of paint sealant? I have also seen some posts suggesting to first use paint sealant and then put a second coat of spritz sealant? Would additional coat of spritz sealant provide additional protection or overkill?

One more thing, is there a product which can be used on windows to resist fingerprints or smudges? Both kids are in car seats and doesn't take much time to get their fingerprints all over the glass

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Douggg View Post
    One more thing,
    is there a product which can be
    used on windows to resist
    fingerprints or smudges?
    Treat the windows with an oleophobic product
    (like the stuff that's used on Smart Phones, etc.)

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    Treat the windows with an oleophobic product
    (like the stuff that's used on Smart Phones, etc.)

Bob
    Great tip! Will look for oleophobic product to treat interior glass.