autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ok I am about to buy a Rupes and I really need to know for sure ..

Quote Originally Posted by saturn2 View Post
    Hi I am in the same ballpark as Rmark I have an old g100 which as of today I have in the shop it needs a new cord. plus, seeing that I had in for over 10 years I decided to have the bushes replaced because I plan on keeping it for 3 inch work. I have an old Milwaukee rotary as well.

I thought about the 15 mark 2 but, the new flex pc makes me wonder if that would be as good or better than the rupes. And I have to be honest hearing about the sanding mod the washer mod just makes me wonder if the manufacturer has this thing dialed in.

The hear good things about the 3401 but, if you have a rotary do you really need one?

I just might end up with the duetto since it at least looks like a PC if you know what I mean. Oh and last but, not least I never tried any them out.
    They were developed in Europe, with their approach in mind. They tend to use slower speeds, and less pressure over there. Over here we like to hammer things into submission, and swirls are at the top of the list.

Because of our style, the high finesse approach of the Rupes approach was counter to everything we were previously taught. Regardless, their approach works great, and I imagine many detailers still subscribe to their system and concept. Once you give their system a chance, and get the hang of it - you will see that it's been dialed in just fine.

I chose the Duetto specifically because I loved the PC style chassis. It's a nimble, powerful little tool. There is a ton of movement going on at the pad face compared to the PC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RMarkJr View Post
    Thanks for the reply .. thats so weird that the 15 stalls easier than the 21 even with the same 30% increase in power. I havent heard of the sanding mod. With that did it match the power of the 21 with the stalling? or is it still short?

do you ever use the 7 inch pads on the Rupes 21 and or the 5 inch pads on the 21?
    15 stalls easier due to the powerband ...15mm motor has more rpm...21mm has more low end...what keeps pad rotation going when in contact/under load) isnt rpm(thats just a higher starting point before bog) its torque that prevents stall

ive always said it before...where the 21mm wont fit, the 15mm really wont fit well either...so get a 12mm or 8mm and use 2 machines to do car while covering the most area in least amount of time

Post Thanks / Like

Right now I only have the porter cable .. I got it about 3 months ago. Now I am wanting to do this for money on bigger jobs I am looking for something much better.
    if you need to get cars in & out in and time is money then the flex 3401 is the way to go...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nothingface5384 View Post
    15 stalls easier due to the powerband ...15mm motor has more rpm...21mm has more low end...what keeps pad rotation going when in contact/under load) isnt rpm(thats just a higher starting point before bog) its torque that prevents stall

ive always said it before...where the 21mm wont fit, the 15mm really wont fit well either...so get a 12mm or 8mm and use 2 machines to do car while covering the most area in least amount of time
    Thing is about before all these orbits etc. everybody had a Porter cable or some knock off and that's all they knew.

Post Thanks / Like

welllll ... there goes 600 bucks lol .. rupes mark II lhr21 polisher . 6 pack of the rupes pads ... and 250ml bottle of each rupes compound .. polishes ... I better love this thing!

Post Thanks / Like

Which exact pads did you select?

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

welllll ... there goes 600 bucks lol .. rupes mark II lhr21 polisher . 6 pack of the rupes pads ... and 250ml bottle of each rupes compound .. polishes ... I better love this thing!
    Enjoy man!

Please don't hesitate to ask all of us if you need any pointers.

That should come with Mike's Rupert how to book. That book was a huge aide in music understanding of putting that system to use.

I do absolutely LOVE my Rupes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    That should come with Mike's Rupert how to book.
    Who's Mike Rupert? Lol

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Which exact pads did you select?

Sent from my iPhone
    uhhh the Rupes 6 inch ...blue .. yellow .. yellow .. green .. green .. and white

Post Thanks / Like

Michael John Rupert (born October 23, 1951, Denver, Colorado ) is an American actor, singer, director and composer.... ��

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast