autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok I am about to buy a Rupes and I really need to know for sure ..

Quote Originally Posted by RMarkJr View Post
    well I am going to order the pads now .. what 5 inch backing plate do you have .. so I can use those 6 inch pads
    I own a Griots Boss 21. They sell both 5" and 6" Boss backing plates and unlike the Rupes they're readily a available and interchangeable/recommended to use on either polisher. The Boss backing plates Do Not fit the Rupes. You'd have to buy Rupes, but seeing as they don't recommend using the 5" backing plate on the 21, that might explain why they don't sell it? I dunno bro, I don't have a Rupes...

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ok I am about to buy a Rupes and I really need to know for sure ..

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I own a Griots Boss 21. They sell both 5" and 6" Boss backing plates and unlike the Rupes they're readily a available and interchangeable/recommended to use on either polisher. The Boss backing plates Do Not fit the Rupes. You'd have to buy Rupes, but seeing as they don't recommend using the 5" backing plate on the 21, that might explain why they don't sell it? I dunno bro, I don't have a Rupes...

Sent from my iPhone
    ah I thought you did for some reason ... I have seen people who say they use the 6 inch pads on the Rupes 21 ... somewhere I sear I have even seen 5 inch pads on it too ....

how do you like that boss 21?

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I am about to buy a Rupes and I really need to know for sure ..

Quote Originally Posted by RMarkJr View Post

how do you like that boss 21?
    I love it. 1 of the main reasons I decided on this 1 vs. the Rupes was the freedom to choose different sizes and different pads and polishes without having to come back and be told "well it's recommended to stay within Rupes recommendations etc"... That may or may not happen, but I've seen it happen before. Plus the Griots saved me money. And in the end I wouldn't change my decision if I had to do it over. 1 of the reasons being the whole 5" or 6" backing plate swap if I feel like doing so.

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

I love it. 1 of the main reasons I decided on this 1 vs. the Rupes was the freedom to choose different sizes and different pads and polishes without having to come back and be told "well it's recommended to stay within Rupes recommendations etc"... That may or may not happen, but I've seen it happen before. Plus the Griots saved me money. And in the end I wouldn't change my decision if I had to do it over. 1 of the reasons being the whole 5" or 6" backing plate swap if I feel like doing so.

Sent from my iPhone

do you have any issues with the pad stalling out easily?

Post Thanks / Like

Backplates,pads and brushes don't last forever. Rupes coat a lot more and Griots comes with extra brush and washers. And we all know about Griots warranty. Both are bad ass machines. What color do you prefer? Black or Red?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ceerokz View Post
    Backplates,pads and brushes don't last forever. Rupes coat a lot more and Griots comes with extra brush and washers. And we all know about Griots warranty. Both are bad ass machines. What color do you prefer? Black or Red?
    lol .. I think I am going to cancel that order .. in fact I just left them two messages to cancel it. I might go with the Griots boss21 ... BUT I do not know how well the griots does with pad stalling compared to the Rupes mark II .. and I cant seem to find a 5 inch backing plate for that Rupes mark II lhr21.

Post Thanks / Like

My 15 stalls big time on anything but a flat panel. I still like it and prefer it over my flex. But the stalling does get annoying at times. I have tried different pads, speeds, techniques, nothing seems to help.

Post Thanks / Like

You said you did All that research and now you say this? You're too indecisive... lol. The Rupes is a quality machine. You're just being a bit weird wanting to use a 5" backing plate with it. You should've got the Rupes 15MKll if that's what you wanted.

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

You said you did All that research and now you say this? You're too indecisive... lol. The Rupes is a quality machine. You're just being a bit weird wanting to use a 5" backing plate with it. You should've got the Rupes 15MKll if that's what you wanted.

Sent from my iPhone
    lol ya ya .. indecisive I know ..I have done a ton of reading .. on those machines. Got so focused on those I didnt even consider or look at the griots machines.. buuut if there really isnt a 5 inch backing plate for that thing .. then thats a deal breaker .. I want options and flexability for different areas! Looks like I can with the Griots Boss 21. Plus I have been reading and everyone says it feels better than the Rupes and of course the lifetime warranty doesnt hurt.

I just dont know how the power compares between the two machines though .. mainly pad stalling

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rodneypierce View Post
    My 15 stalls big time on anything but a flat panel. I still like it and prefer it over my flex. But the stalling does get annoying at times. I have tried different pads, speeds, techniques, nothing seems to help.
    your 15 what? Rupes .. Griots?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast