autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

What products do you suggest for a detailing business that I didnt list? or Different products?

lets see. I am newish to this .. but I went out and got the Porter Cable a bunch of different hexlogic pads in 6 inch and 5 inch ( 5 inch really does work better). I bought a rigid pressure washer and foam cannon. Mequiars Gold class car wash shampoo. I got M105, M205, the Mequiars Detailer line compound and Detailers line Polish for use with Microfiber pads, ultimate polish, ultimate compound, ultimate liquid wax, and also have liquid glass sealant. Also went and got a Dewalt Rotary with a Wool pad (which came in handy already). Lots of microfiber towels. Several drying towels, a McKee air blowing thing to dry the car with. Then I got a gallon of super degreaser, all purpose cleaner, leather cleaner, leather conditioner, non-acid wheel cleaner, hyper dressing, and quick interior detailer. Got a bottle of CarPro Iron X, diablo wheel cleaner, and detail Clay bars. Also got the Nanoskin Glide to use with the NanoSkin Autoscrub. Got detail brushes and some different size wheel woolies. A tire brush, soft brush for the paint like lower fenders grills emblems etc. , a horse hair leather brush, and some long microfiber wash thing that attaches to a telescoping pole for taller cars/trucks, pad cleaning brush and carpet brush. Two 5 gallon buckets along with a car wash mit and some other big chubby thing from chemical guys with a grit guard. Speedmaster wheel brush and the jr size as well. Stoners glass cleaner. annnd some trim restore stuff.

I think thats about it .. and all came in the last two months or less.

I am thinking about a steamer and an extractor. I am not sure how necessary either of those are though.

so any input about the stuff I got so far or stuff that I dont have that would come in handy would be great. Thanks!

oh and d151 AIO

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What products do you suggest for a detailing business that I didnt list? or Different products?

I didn`t see anything regarding carpet cleaning.

- Good shop vac
    - Carpet brush for your DA
    - Foaming carpet cleaner

As for a steamer, its an absolute great tool to have not only for interior, but exterior as well.
    Carolina`s Finest Detailing - Charlotte areas preferred CQuartz Finest Reserve & GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra coating center. STEK/Suntek PPF
    www.Carolinasfinestdetailing.me

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What products do you suggest for a detailing business that I didnt list? or Different products?

glad you brought that up .. honesly I was planning on using all purpose cleaner for carpets and upholstery .. diluted of course. Seems that there are a lot of detailers I see use that for carpets .. and the rest of the interior.

I do have a big shop 5 or 6 HP wet/dry vac that has those 2.5 inch hoses.. which sucks finding attachments for those by the way.

What would you suggest for carpets and upholstery?

and what good steamer do you recommend?

Post Thanks / Like

Steamers range according to your budget and business needs. McCullough has 3 models folks seem to like (I have the 1375 model but don't detail full time). There's the Primo and Dupray. Check AG steamers and also search the forum for steamers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharply Dressed View Post
    Steamers range according to your budget and business needs. McCullough has 3 models folks seem to like (I have the 1375 model but don't detail full time). There's the Primo and Dupray. Check AG steamers and also search the forum for steamers.
    ok thanks . I will look into those .. and I will do a search .. why I didnt think of that, I dont know! Duh!