autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Mobile Tech Expo 2017 - Classes this year

Thursday January 19th is what is called,

Education Day

This is the primary day for educational classes. There will also be classes on Friday and Saturday but majority of classes are traditionally scheduled for Thursday and most of these won't repeat on Friday or Saturday.

So mark your schedule and make plans to be at the 2017 Mobil Tech Expo on THURSDAY.

Here's my tentative schedule for the 2017 Mobile Tech Expo. Most of these are BRAND NEW classes.

Thursday

1: The top 10 must have tools for starting and running a successful detailing business
    Instructor - Mike Phillips
    Room: Dade/Florida Keys
    Time: 8:00-8:45am

Quality never costs money it makes money. Anyone starting a new detailing business needs a bare minimum of tools to get started. Mike Phillips from Autogeek presents his recommendations to get your business started out on the right path focusing on quality tools that won’t let you down.

2: How to use the Autogeek VIF App
    Time: 9:00-9:45am

The Vehicle Inspection App is the electronic version of Mike Phillips paper Vehicle Inspection form. This digital inspection form removes the paper from the process while providing multiple benefits besides protecting you and your business by identifying pre-existing issues inside and outside of the vehicle. Benefits include, doing inspections to protect yourself, doing estimates, documenting pre-existing issues with your cell phone or tablet camera, emailing your customer a copy of the work order, the ability to re-connect with customers, review past work orders and shop online.

3: Faster Processes. Superior Results. More Profit. Maximizing the BigFoot System for One-Step Corrections
    Instructors - Jason Rose and Mike Phillips
    Time: 10:00-10:45am

In the past detailers dedicated many hours and multiple steps to achieve the results their clients expect, but more often than professional detailers realize, full correction can be done with a one-step process. Saving time on the job and returning the vehicle back to your client faster means more money on your bottom line and a more successful business. The RUPES BigFoot polishing system is designed around the principles of efficient polishing, saving time, consuming less product, and ultimately delivering superior results. This class will center on the BigFoot system components and how you can maximize the selection of tools, compounds, and pads to achieve better results in less time by reducing steps.

4: How to use a hot water extractor and a steam cleaner
    Time: 11:00-11:45am

Learn the difference between extractors and steam cleaners. Learn when to use one over the other. Learn how to use a hot water extractor and how to use a steam cleaning machine.

5: The benefits of coatings for your customers and your business
    Instructor - Jeff McEachran & Mike Phillips
    Time: 2:00-2:45pm

Jeff McEachran from Gyeon and Mike Phillips from Autogeek share with you the benefits coatings provide your customers plus how they can increase the profit for each job.

6: Maximum paint correction with minimum product inventory
    Instructor - Rob McCrary and Mike Phillips
    Time: 3:00-3:45pm

Rob McCrary from SONAX and Mike Phillips from Autogeek show you how to offer your customers the best results possible while keeping your product inventory to a minimum.

7: How to become the recognized detailing expert in your home town
    Time: 4:00-4:45pm

Mike Phillips from Autogeek shares his secret technique for becoming the recognized detailing expert in your home town to help you build a top tier customer base of affluent car owners to maximize and sustain your profits.

8: Flex XC 3401 VRG – Dual Action Orbital Polisher-How to use this unit safely and properly
    Time: 5:00-5:45pm

Mike Phillips will cover the unique design features, ease of use and benefits about the FLEX 3401. Mike will also share his 6 technique tips for using the 3401 no matter what the size or type of vehicle or the shape of the panel. Plus, how to use the FLEX 3401 for Show Car Detailing or as Mike calls it, The Art of Polishing Paint as well as how to maximize your quality and your profits when doing one-step production detailing.

Friday

1: How to become the recognized detailing expert in your home town
    Time: 1:00-1:45pm

Mike Phillips from Autogeek shares his secret technique for becoming the recognized detailing expert in your home town to help you build a top tier customer base of affluent car owners to maximize and sustain your profits.

2017 Mobile Tech Expo will take place at,

DOUBLETREE BY HILTON - UNIVERSAL
    5780 MAJOR BLVD.
    ORLANDO, FL 32819

Just to note...

Thursday - I'll be there teaching a total of 8 classes. Pretty much all day as has been the norm for the last 6 years.

Friday - I'm schedule to teach 1 and possibly 2 classes for the IDA. Some of my other classes may repeat. Don't bank on it.

Saturday - Any classes I'm teaching are still to be announced. Best thing to do is attend my classes on Thursday.

Sunday - IDA Annual Board Meeting - No MTE show on Sunday

Anytime I'm not teaching a class I'll be at either the Autogeek booth or the IDA booth.

Besides myself, there will be a lot of other industry experts and industry leaders teaching classes and having booths where you can learn more about car detailing, paintless dent repair as well as a lot of other topics.

Here's the tentative schedule as of the date of this post... it will be updated so check often...

2017 MTE Schedule of Events - Tentative

It's truly the only show like it in the United States and it takes place once in year in January here in beautiful sunny Florida.

See you there!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing Classes at the 2017 Mobile Tech Expo in Orlando January 19th, 20th & 21st

Excellent Mike! Looking forward to seeing you there again.

Mike Phillips

Re: Detailing Classes at the 2017 Mobile Tech Expo in Orlando January 19th, 20th & 21st

Quote Originally Posted by mc2hill View Post

Excellent Mike!

Looking forward to seeing you there again.

Looking forward to seeing you again as well as the hundreds of people that attend this event. I think I've been teaching classes here going on 6 yeas now.

I was the first guy to teach a class on the topic of damp sanding for the public back when Meguiar's Unigrit Discs were brand new. So it's been a good run.

Usually I have 6 classes each year on Thursday this year I have 8 classes and they are all going to be VERY educational.

Education day is packed with classes this year and there's no way a person can go to every class. So each person has to read what the topics are for the available classes and who the Instructors are and then figure out which classes they want to go to.

I always promise my class are both fun and educational.

Last year I had to leave the next day as we were filming an episode of Competition Ready in California. We're filming the week BEFORE MTE and the week AFTER MTE but I'll be at MTE for the entire weekend and of course Autogeek will have fully staffed booth and we'll have tons of tools, pads and products for people to by and normally there are super show specials!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, as I thought - this would be priceless indeed.

Maybe we just pack up & move to Florida! Anyone need a detailer???

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

Maybe we just pack up & move to Florida! Anyone need a detailer???

Aaryn NZ.

I know you're just jesting but I'm glad I moved here from California.

Mike Phillips

Just to note...

This will be the first time I've ever shared this information in a class outside my Competition Ready 3-Day detailing Classes.

How to become the recognized detailing expert in your home town

Clear your schedule and make plans to attend this class!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I know you're just jesting but I'm glad I moved here from California.

. . . jesting . . . . yes Mike, I am but not overly. The whole family enjoyed what little we saw of Florida & we all left with a soft spot for Stuart. Ideally I would love to live in Stuart over our Winter season (I'm soft when it comes to cold weather.) & I'm sure there would be plenty happening around Autogeek that I could actually attend & not have to travel 16000+ miles to do it.

Speaking of which - I have been working hard & plan to make my way back to Florida to take part in something like MTE or Detail Fest. MTE has massive appeal for the classes being held from a business point of view, & the classes read really good. Detail Fest, well - its Detail Fest & for the most part, everthing I've read on the matter, people say Detail Fest over MTE any day.

As a trip like this from little ol' New Zealand isn't exactly kind on the bank balance, I would appreciate some feedback from yourself Mike & of course, our forum members. Nick has already said Detail Fest, & I'm very much leaning that way but I want to be sure.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

I bought my ticket today! Flying in from KY and staying at Disney so the wife can get her mouse fix and I can get my detail fix! Win win!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the cost for the classes Mike?
    Thank you

Robson Desa
    Charlotte, NC 28273

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robsonet View Post
    What's the cost for the classes Mike?
    Thank you

Robson Desa
    Charlotte, NC 28273
    At Mobile Tech the price of the classes are included in the Education Day price, and probably free on the other days.
    For Mike's Competition Ready classes, check the 'Detailing Classes" link in the banner at the top of the page.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast