autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Which microfiber towel?

Hi Mike,

I have been searching the forum for answers but I failed to find what I'm looking for.

My question: Which microfiber towels should I buy with respect to removing;

1- Compound

2- Polish

3- Wax

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Which microfiber towel?

Thats one thing Ive found with ag, its not just one item thats the best, they want say, like if they say something and doesent work its their fault.There is so many choices its hard to say whats good,better best, It would be nice if the site had a better review and and what sells or whats the most popular.I know when ya call sale they kinda get short with ya when you dont know what you really need/want. Ive been trying to read as much of the forums gathering info etc. They handle almost everything there is out there. lol

Rob

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which microfiber towel?

buy a dozen or two of these, they can be used for just about anything...
    Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towels 12 Pack
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    buy a dozen or two of these, they can be used for just about anything...
    Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towels 12 Pack
    Dido

Post Thanks / Like

I may take a bit a flack for this but I'm going to say it anyways... I use general purpose microfibers that I buy locally in bulk (36 pack) for a fraction of the cost (< $0.50 ea,) of specialized auto-detailing microfibers and they do everything I need them to do and do it well.

Although I won't dispute that some microfibers may do certain tasks better than others, I really see the various microfibers as a bit a of a gimmick - Kind of like the golf club(s) that profess to lower your golf score.

A quality general purpose microfiber will do everything pretty well. Sometimes as well or even better than some that cost many times more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    I may take a bit a flack for this but I'm going to say it anyways... I use general purpose microfibers that I buy locally in bulk (36 pack) for a fraction of the cost (< $0.50 ea,) of specialized auto-detailing microfibers and they do everything I need them to do and do it well.

Although I won't dispute that some microfibers may do certain tasks better than others, I really see the various microfibers as a bit a of a gimmick - Kind of like the golf club(s) that profess to lower your golf score.

A quality general purpose microfiber will do everything pretty well. Sometimes as well or even better than some that cost many times more.
    All the fancy microfiber towels are mostly hype, I sadly wasted some money on them but now mostly buy the bulk towels and they perform exactly the same👍

Post Thanks / Like

Same here, buy some general purpose MF towels. Im not keen on the really cheapie bulk ones but I also dont fall for the 400+ gsm softness is best thing. Get some nice 360gsm or less quality ones and they wont harm your paint.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought two dozen of AG's $20/12 towels in two colors. They seem fine to me. My old towels are used on wheels and GP cleaning, a dozen new ones for polish, and a different color dozen for sealant or wax. I have a few WW glass cloths, too. Washing each type separately prevents contamination. It's a simple, affordable system that works for me.

I think it's more important to have lots of clean, quality towels than a few high priced towels made of woven mink foreskins.

Post Thanks / Like

The bulk warehouse towels are fine for general purpose. After finding hard plastic bits stuck in some of the towels, I'll never use them again for delicate paintwork. Thick plush "overpriced" towels at what I use for Rinseless and waterless washes. Thin towels just don't have the absorbancy or plushness needed for safe waterless washing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post

yep. 99% of detailing on both the interior and exterior of a car can be done with those bulk towels. There may be 1 in 100 black cars you do that can have soft finicky paint and even though those microfibers will still most likely work, i think it's beneficial to still have 3-6 of the higher gsm buffing towels like the ones autogeek carries for when the situation calls for it. I also always use a quality microfiber towel on the clear plastic instrument panels and gauges.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast