autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone use a rinseless wash with protectant over a ceramic coating?

Just did the wife's van with Wolfgang Uber Ceramic. Since we're garageless now, I'm hoping it will last longer than Collinite 476S.

With the Collinite, I wouldn't have hesitated to use D115, ONR with wax, or IUDJ for a rinseless wash. But I'm not so sure with this coating. What are people doing with these types of coatings?

Is it a plus, or a minus to add some sort of polymer based rinseless when washing?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does anyone use a rinseless wash with protectant over a ceramic coating?

A ceramic coating will definitely last longer than Collinite 476S. Think of the Wolfgang Uber ceramic coating (or any ceramic coating for that matter) as a long lasting sealant. It's a ceramic nano-coating that has cross linked and bonded to your paint. It will last longer and hold up more against the harsh elements.

I myself treat my cars with coatings the same way as the cars with traditional LSPs. I use waterless wash (D115) or traditional wash with the same technique and products. I'm sure using rinseless is the same way.

A lot of people don't like using washes with waxes/sealants or any additives on it because it alters the beading characteristic. But I personally don't hesitate to use them because washes with these added waxes/sealants or shine enhancers have very minimal additives so it doesn't bother me. I wouldn't say it's a plus or a minus. I normally use the Meguiar's spray wax (D156) after I wash my coated car using the 2 bucket method. I use D115 as waterless all the time.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hantra View Post
    Just did the wife's van with Wolfgang Uber Ceramic. Since we're garageless now, I'm hoping it will last longer than Collinite 476S.

With the Collinite, I wouldn't have hesitated to use D115, ONR with wax, or IUDJ for a rinseless wash. But I'm not so sure with this coating. What are people doing with these types of coatings?

Is it a plus, or a minus to add some sort of polymer based rinseless when washing?

Thanks!
    Wash away.

Waterless.

Rinseless.

2BW.

Any will do. My personal favorites are WGURW, D114, Mr Pink, Bathe+.

Obviously one must exercise the appropriate precautions doing any type of wash, but you can use any wash with any coatings.

Some are said to enhance an existing coating.

If you lay down a sealant or wax in the wash, this may interfere with the specific hydrophobic properties of the coating (I. E., may not be as much visual sheeting or beading) but there's no good evidence that it damage the coating or cause any deterioration.

Sent via my mobile device...

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    My personal favorites are WGURW, D114,...
    I was looking into D114, until I watched the Autogeek video on 114 and 115. They made 114 sound like it would strip away waxes. Was quite confusing, to be honest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hantra View Post
    I was looking into D114, until I watched the Autogeek video on 114 and 115. They made 114 sound like it would strip away waxes. Was quite confusing, to be honest.
    When they were talking about it stripping waxes they were talking about a 15:1-6:1 dilution ratio. Using it @1:256-1:128 is for normal use and won't strip your wax prematurely.

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't overthink this OP. Using proper wash method is the most important. I personally maintain my coated vehicles along with customers using rinseless washing.

If you feel as if you must top the coating, stay within a company's brand.
    Carolina`s Finest Detailing - Charlotte areas preferred CQuartz Finest Reserve & GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra coating center. STEK/Suntek PPF
    www.Carolinasfinestdetailing.me

Post Thanks / Like

I use a lot of different rinseless washes and really havnt noticed a change in beading or the paint holding onto dirt more then before.

As a matter of fact I think the reload type products cause the paint to hold onto dirt more then the coating alone.

I even use FK425 as a drying aid and its fantastic without any detriments imo.

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, i use whatever wash (Megs ultimate, Megs Softwash, Autoglymn car shampoo, Optimum wash.. ), have used ONR as a detailer spray . rinseless wash, and have also topped with OCW previously..
    Nothing has made it worse.. and the OCW improved the gloss a touch..