autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Advice on the Rupes IBrid nano

I am considering the Rupes nano short neck but really haven't heard any feedback yet and only saw a couple of youtube videos. I own a black Harley touring bike and I ride a Harley at work as a Motor Officer. I like the nano because I don't need an outlet while at work to clean bike. I have only seen people post about problems they have had on the forums which makes me nervous to invest that much money. Please advise if this tool will be able to bring my personal and work bike to a high shine. One of my concerns is that it will not have enough power to rotate and oscillate while applying downward pressure. Thanks for any assistance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Advice on the Rupes IBrid nano

I got to use the iBrid long neck a week ago at an open house. On the black test hood I was able to remove 1500 grit sanding with the blue pad and polish. To my surprise this thing really does work well. But there are a few things to remember / consider.

• The battery only lasts approx 20-25min under load. So you will need access to electricity to always be charging the spare battery.
    • The batteries charges in 15min so there should be no down time.
    • Due to the size of the unit and the pad you are not really "applying downforce". To much pressure and the pad will stop. You need to let the pad and polish do the work. It took me a little bit to get use to that part.
    • The machine can be switched from DA to rotary. This is the change of hardware but makes this thing that much better if for some reason you need a little bit more.
    • Does anyone even have or sell pads yet? Due to size and depending on use I could see going through pads more than expected.
    • This thing is brand new. You might need to wait a few months till guys get to really work with it for awhile and get better feedback tan me spending 15min with it.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

From my understanding pads are coming soon to autogeek and pads are available now at buffdaddy.com. I think with two batteries I could detail most of the motorcycle while at work. Thanks for sharing your experience with me. Can I use the rotary function to polish the aluminum wheels on bike or is it better to use orbital?

Post Thanks / Like

Wait for version 2

Post Thanks / Like

Pads are available on Autogeek now. RUPES BigFoot iBrid Foam Pads, ibrid replacement pads, small ibrid foam pads

I am hoping that they will be stocking the brushes and sanding pads mentioned by Dylan@RUPES in his post on the Autogeek forum 03/5/16.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    Cool, they should list it in the product description on the AG store site.

What sizes are the sanding disks that are included?

Is the 3mm orbit for sanding?

Dylan@RUPES:
    They have that info and I'm sure they can add it to the site. Just as a quick rundown:

Your choice of long or short neck tool for the kit
    Carrying bag with custom fit foam insert.
    2 battery packs
    1 battery charger
    1 cord adapter (to run continuous power)
    Rotary functional unit
    3mm orbit functional unit
    12mm orbit functional unit
    (6) 40mm coarse blue foam pads
    (6) 40mm fine yellow foam pads
    (4) 70mm coarse blue foam pads
    (4) 70mm fine yellow foam pads
    150ml Zephir coarse compound
    150ml Keramik fine compound
    34mm hook backing plate
    50mm hook backing plate
    34mm sanding backing plate with integrated foam interface
    (10) P2000 35mm PSA sanding discs
    (10) P3000 35mm PSA sanding discs
    (1) Hard nylon cup brush
    (1) Horsehair cup brush

All the items (other than the tools for now) are available as separate replacement/refill pieces. I'm recommending to those who will use this a lot, grab an extra battery pack just in case to have 3 in rotation - especially if you're mobile. UHS, Green, and White foams will also be available separately along with 150ml versions of the corresponding compounds and an additional brush not in the kit (soft nylon).
    AZ Mike aka "Repeat"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Copperbike View Post
    Can I use the rotary function to polish the aluminum wheels on bike or is it better to use orbital?

That I don't know. I am not a bike detailer so some of that stuff I don't really know or think about. My guess is that if you would normally use a rotary for it then yes.

Post Thanks / Like

My friend has the long neck,simply a amazing tool especially on bikes.These are one of these tools you have to try to be convinced,I tried it and personally I think it's awesome.my birthday is right around the corner.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of the first ones, love it! It will do everything you need to for your bikes. The problems that you have heard of are mostly operator problems. I never even bring out my 3 inch Rupes anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    I have one of the first ones, love it! It will do everything you need to for your bikes. The problems that you have heard of are mostly operator problems. I never even bring out my 3 inch Rupes anymore.
    agree I need to get one.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What would be a benefit to the long neck over a short neck? Seems to me if it won't operate if I apply pressure to tool then short neck would be the way to go. Am I missing something on that?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast