autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

ONR & Uber Rinseless Wash longevity

A LOT of reading, my first thread post (be easy on me plz!)

I am about to delve into the world of Rinseless Washes! (Totally new & scary world for me!)

I am interested in feedback on how many cars can be washed with ONR or Uber Rinseless. I know that Yvan from OPT says that his shop will wash a day-load or more on 1 batch (per bay). I am trying to decide on which to buy - a lot of people REALLY like the Uber. (No mention that I saw on the site or in forums as to how many cars you can wash with a batch.)

As an enthusiast, can I make a batch (using distilled water) & store for a few weeks (Gamma lid)? Do several cars (within "cleanliness" parameters)? I know ONR will loose it's blue tint, but how long will either product be good for? (The website description on Uber says you can wash your car & toss onto shrubs or something! Seems to me to imply 1 use.)

Also, can a dilution be made to use as for DA-ing (re-moisten your work area or pad prep)? Possibly QD dilution???

Thanks for your feedback.

- Allan

PS - Hope this is posted to correct forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ONR & Uber Rinseless Wash longevity

Quote Originally Posted by AllanS View Post
    A LOT of reading, my first thread post (be easy on me plz!)

I am about to delve into the world of Rinseless Washes! (Totally new & scary world for me!)

I am interested in feedback on how many cars can be washed with ONR or Uber Rinseless. I know that Yvan from OPT says that his shop will wash a day-load or more on 1 batch (per bay). I am trying to decide on which to buy - a lot of people REALLY like the Uber. (No mention that I saw on the site or in forums as to how many cars you can wash with a batch.)

As an enthusiast, can I make a batch (using distilled water) & store for a few weeks (Gamma lid)? Do several cars (within "cleanliness" parameters)? I know ONR will loose it's blue tint, but how long will either product be good for? (The website description on Uber says you can wash your car & toss onto shrubs or something! Seems to me to imply 1 use.)

Also, can a dilution be made to use as for DA-ing (re-moisten your work area or pad prep)? Possibly QD dilution???
    Welcome to the addiction and no worries on the Rinseless side of life. Once converted you won't likely go back. Nothing to be scared about either. Both the ONR and Wolfgang products are awesome. I give the edge to the Uber product and use it myself.

I use a modified version of the Gary Dean method (see this post) to wash my vehicles thus only using about 2 gallons in total to wash a single vehicle. That leaves nothing left. I'll explain more later. However, in terms of using a two bucket method and a wash mit, I suppose you could wash more than one but I personally am too anal retentive to do that.

Product wise, I pre-mix Uber up in 1 gal bottles and usually keep 2-3 already to go without issue. They have sat around for 1-2 weeks with no apparent impact. This helps me get-going quicker when I decide to wash.

I do also use my products mixed according to their instructions as detail mist and yes to have provided some pad prep/re moistening where needed.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

No problems mixing up a gallon of QD/waterless wash solution and storing long term. Just make sure you use distilled water.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had no issues using pre-mixed onr with distilled or non-distilled water up to a few months later. It will lose it's color and some of the originsl scent after a period of time but still performs the same. I just used up a spray bottle of it mixed at a quick detailer ratio that was from December earlier this week and it worked great. Cut right through the greasy fingerprints on my toolbox and left it looking nice and shiny again.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your replies.

With the usual batch of 2-3 gallons (with distilled water), how many "maintenance car washes" can be reasonably done?

Post Thanks / Like

I really tried not to get sucked into this.

I see some people are answering a question you didn't ask, which is sure, rinseless washes store.

But I'm with pdqgp, 1 wash for me and I pour the dirty/rest out.

What you're asking is kind of a complicated question, really, and part of it depends on what technique you are using, and what your reasons are for asking the question. If you're using a grit guard, you don't have to worry much about returning any "heavy" dirt/grit to your car, but the solution will get progressively dirtier and will begin to dirty your drying towels, and it's also hard to see when the car is clean (since you might have to do multiple passes, you want to get all the dirt off before you dry).

I personally usually use a two-bucket method with rinseless, I only mix up a half gallon (I usually prefer to wash wheels/tires conventionally, and you may need more than a half gallon with a very large or very dirty vehicle), and I use 2 gallons in a rinse bucket with a grit guard mixed up at 1/4 strength (to reduce dilution of the wash bucket).

In this way the wash bucket stays pretty clean and you could save it for next time but because I mix up a small amount there isn't usually much left. So are you asking about this purely for economic reasons?

Also you should be aware that ONR vs. Wolfgang Uber Rinseless is kind of an apples to oranges comparison, as the Uber definitely seems to have some sealant that it leaves behind, and perhaps would be better compared to ONRWW.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I really tried not to get sucked into this.

I see some people are answering a question you didn't ask, which is sure, rinseless washes store.

But I'm with pdqgp, 1 wash for me and I pour the dirty/rest out.

What you're asking is kind of a complicated question, really, and part of it depends on what technique you are using, and what your reasons are for asking the question. If you're using a grit guard, you don't have to worry much about returning any "heavy" dirt/grit to your car, but the solution will get progressively dirtier and will begin to dirty your drying towels, and it's also hard to see when the car is clean (since you might have to do multiple passes, you want to get all the dirt off before you dry).

I personally usually use a two-bucket method with rinseless, I only mix up a half gallon (I usually prefer to wash wheels/tires conventionally, and you may need more than a half gallon with a very large or very dirty vehicle), and I use 2 gallons in a rinse bucket with a grit guard mixed up at 1/4 strength (to reduce dilution of the wash bucket).

In this way the wash bucket stays pretty clean and you could save it for next time but because I mix up a small amount there isn't usually much left. So are you asking about this purely for economic reasons?

Also you should be aware that ONR vs. Wolfgang Uber Rinseless is kind of an apples to oranges comparison, as the Uber definitely seems to have some sealant that it leaves behind, and perhaps would be better compared to ONRWW.
    Thanks for the detailed reply. (no pun intended)

Would be using a GG in single bucket with Big Red Sponge. Several MF plush drying towels. (wheels / tires done separately)

Not PURELY economic, but was under the impression that 1 batch can do several car washes if car isn't too dirty (esp if using a GG).

Didn't know that WGUR was closer to a wash/wax product, I must have missed that product description! (Though most say it has a slick feel after.)

Thx

Post Thanks / Like

So let's just say you mix two gallons of solution in your single bucket with Grit Guard. Yes, if the car isn't too dirty, you could get by with doing 2 or maybe 3 washes without changing the solution (or perhaps more). That might have a benefit if you have a stable of 2 or 3 cars that you're going to wash at the same time, but if you're washing 1 car once a week, I don't really see the point of not pouring it out after you're done and starting fresh the next week.

I know Yvan promotes continual reuse of the product, but how many cars in a row does he wash in his shop in a day? 5? 10? 20? And then he probably pours it out at the end of the day (I hope). It's not like he doesn't have plenty of product; he says he buys ONR in 55 gallon drums.

This really comes down to personal preference; I think you've really got to try it yourself and see what your tolerance level is for the "dirtiness" of the wash solution.

Post Thanks / Like

ONR & Uber Rinseless Wash longevity

I do the multiple towel method and I've gotten it down pretty consistently to using 1.5 gallons each wash so I only make up 1.5 gallons and have very little waste afterwards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
    I do the multiple towel method and I've gotten it down pretty consistently to using 1.5 gallons each wash so I only make up 1.5 gallons and have very little waste afterwards.
    +1
    Mike Honcho

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast