autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Cleaning Racedeck TuffShield Diamond Tile floors with Detailer's Waterless Auto Wash Concentrate

Cleaning Racedeck TuffShield Diamond Tile floors with Detailer's Waterless Auto Wash Concentrate

You know, we buff out a lot of cars and boats on this forum, lots... And the Racedeck TuffShield Diamond Tile Floor tiles can and do get REALLY dirty. Don't believe me? Check these pictures out from a recent extreme boat makeover we did here in the studio...

Pictures: 2000 Baja 232 Boss High Performance Extreme Makeover

My friends Andy and Robert using compounds with wool pads on rotary buffer to remove oxidation might restore the shine to a neglected boat hull but it sure makes a mess on the floor!

Our RaceDeck TuffShield Floor is taking a pounding!

Dual Purpose - Training Garage/TV Studio
    Because our training garage doubles as a Video and TV Studio, it's important to get the floor cleaned and restored for a professional look and image. So here's how we get the floor clean and restore the shine to the tiles. Note we do this every two weeks, and sometimes weekly depending upon the projects going on here at Autogeek.

Step 1 - Dry sweep to remove larger, and loose dirt and debris.
    Here's Nick manning the push broom while I man the camera.

Step 2 - Add one ounce of concentrate per 2 gallons of clean water
    We add around 4 gallons of water to our Rubbermaid WaveBrake Mopping Bucket and then add 2 ounces or 2 full pumps of the Universal Dispenser Pump

Step 3 - Mop floor
    Agitate any especially dirtied areas and then make an overlapping pass to smooth over and collect any excess water off the floor. Dip mop head in mop bucket, gather fresh solution and then wring out excess solution and pick up where you left off.

Finished
    Detailer's Waterless Wash Concentrate cleans the floor and leaves a nice shine ready for the next detailing project or for video production.

On Autogeek.net

Detailer's Waterless Auto Wash Concentrate

Universal Dispenser Pump

Mike Phillips

Re: Cleaning Racedeck TuffShield Diamond Tile floors with Detailer's Waterless Auto Wash Concentrate

If you REALLY want to make your Racedeck TuffShield Diamond Tiles shine then here's how...

Tile Wax

We installed a Racedeck TuffShield Diamond Tile floor just a few months ago but with use it lost a little of its gloss and shine, so used Pinnacle XMT Spray Wax to restore a nice clear, vibrant look.

It's kind of hard to see a huge difference from a picture but in person it was very noticeable.

Left side is waxed, right side untouched

This is the before side...

There are various stains from car care chemicals randomly over the floor

This is the after side...

I used one microfiber towel dampened with the XMT Spray Wax to wipe/scrub a set of 4 tiles and then wipe the tiles to a clean, bright shine with a separate, dry microfiber towel, literally like shown in the movie "The Karate Kid", wax on, wax off....

Worked really well and should make cleaning easier in the future. I would recommend using this spray wax on a new set of tiles before driving on them...

Pinnacle XMT 360 Spray Wax

Here at Autogeek we carry the complete line of Racedeck tiles. I highly recommend going with the TuffShield version. The TuffShield tiles have a built-in glaze that makes the surface non-porous which makes wiping up spills a breeze and pretty much stops dirt stains from building-up.

Racedeck TuffShield Diamond Tiles

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cleaning Racedeck TuffShield Diamond Tile floors with Detailer's Waterless Auto Wash Concentrate

Awesome.

I see Nick is earning his keep.

Just joking buddy.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Why isn't Bryan doing the mopping?
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post

I see Nick is earning his keep.

Just joking buddy.
    Mike

We had some VIP's here yesterday afternoon so I actually cleaned the entire studio up and by the time I was done I was sweaty mess or I would have had someone take pictures of me doing the work.

Nick walked into the studio right when I was ready to mop and he was all clean and camera-ready so I took the pictures and let him be action man.

This is how we clean the floor though and the waterless wash actually works very well. Sometimes I run a dry microfiber mop over the tiles one more time just to really amp up the gloss...

Sad to say we're discontinuing the microfiber mops here at Autogeek. I use these all the time too. If you want some, better get them while there's still some in stock...

Microfiber Mop Head Review

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

How did you get your logo printed on the Racedeck tiles?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by TheRev View Post

How did you get your logo printed on the Racedeck tiles?

You can custom order it with a graphic.

RaceDeck TuffShield Diamond Floor Tiles