PDA

View Full Version : Carpro Pearl or Megs Hyper Dressing

Coopers ST
03-26-2016, 11:14 AM
For exterior trim dressing do you prefer Carpro Pearl or Megs Hyper Dressing and why?

Thanks

Ebg18t
03-26-2016, 11:48 AM
Neither. Didn't last long enough. I found Pearl streaked after getting wet when used on trim.

Found this lasted longer on trim: BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant, plastic trim restorer, tire coating, long lasting tire shine (http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-trim-sealant-trim-restorer.html)

Some prefer the Wolfgang version: Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant, rubber trim sealant, rubber protectant, exterior trim products, metal sealer (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-trim-sealant.html)

11Silverado
03-26-2016, 12:51 PM
+1 on WETS!

Eldorado2k
03-26-2016, 12:59 PM
Is WETS an ideal purchase for a detailer pumping out multiple vehicles? Or is it better for the weekend warrior who details his brand new car?

jrs1418
03-26-2016, 01:08 PM
I agree with neither, although I use hyper on tires. Both will run off of trim in the rain and not last too long, depending on how many coats a,d how you diluted.

I like Adams VRT and UTTG

Eldorado2k
03-26-2016, 01:14 PM
I agree with neither, although I use hyper on tires. Both will run off of trim in the rain and not last too long, depending on how many coats a,d how you diluted.

I like Adams VRT and UTTG

I have Hyper Dressing, but I pretty much never use it on exterior trim for fear of the same reason.. I love it on tires & wheel wells though. I've even been surprised at how good it looks on some interior plastic pieces.

I've heard good things about Megs Detailer Trim & Tire Gel. I believe the Guz uses that from time to time..

mi77915
03-26-2016, 01:19 PM
I use CG silk-shine-dressing...
It looks great (not too shiny) and lasts a long time on interiors...

Ebg18t
03-26-2016, 03:06 PM
Is WETS an ideal purchase for a detailer pumping out multiple vehicles? Or is it better for the weekend warrior who details his brand new car?

It depends. You don't use much, so a bottle last quite a while. It is definitely a premium product, but it last so much longer.

I used to use UTTG but it seems like the new version doesn't last as long as the older version. Due to that i went to BF Trim Sealant.

Coopers ST
03-26-2016, 04:51 PM
Now I am using Adams Super VRT, I like it just want something a little less expensive and something sold here