PDA

View Full Version : Why does she hate me?

Pages : [1] 2

hoyt66
03-26-2016, 07:37 AM
Lol we picked up a 2016 Ford Fusion for my wife. To get the deal we wanted we only had 2 colors to choose from...silver or.......

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=103377

two quotes stick out to me from my wife while at the dealership
1- "he (me) has a silver car and I don't want to copy"
2- paint / exterior protection plan " no he (me) has all that 'stuff'. He'll be more than happy to do it. He's always saying how he wished he would of got black for his car"
Well I would love a black challenger but I know how much work black is for an autogeek.
Oh well, it's a small car. Hit it up with some spray wax today until I get a day to do it up. Prob simple, clay and polish then sealant. Definitely coat the wheels and plastic.

Cabrio
03-26-2016, 07:41 AM
Welcome to the gang of the bold and beautiful :xyxthumbs:

Ebg18t
03-26-2016, 07:42 AM
Maybe she wants you outside of her house. Trying to keep you busy in the garage.

Mitch7c
03-26-2016, 07:45 AM
Sharp car but.....take it back!

vobro
03-26-2016, 08:02 AM
My wife bought a Jet Black '06 330 Coupe, I begged her not to do it! Well I lost,at the time I had a black truck and black bass boat. My wife kept her word and never had the car washed away from the house, never again! It did teach me the do's and dont's of car care though, congrats on the new ride

WAXOFF
03-26-2016, 08:51 AM
I've owner 1 black car in my life. A 1976 Trans Am beautiful car but I never wanted to drive it because I couldn't stand the dust that would show up on it so it sat with a cover on it for most of the 3 years I owned it. Never again. I buy Silver now and like everyone says. We know what we are doing on cars and don't want the everyday hassle of black. Nice looking car though. Good luck. I hope she parks far away at the store.

Billy Baldone
03-26-2016, 09:14 AM
That should be Tuxedo Black. No where near as bad as true black.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
03-26-2016, 09:30 AM
Had 3 black cars in my life. That is the only 3 ill ever have. Like Billy said, Tuxedo Black is a bit better than plain black. The flake is amazing.

Mike Honcho
03-26-2016, 09:40 AM
http://buttonsandchary.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/maq4h.jpg

parshooter
03-26-2016, 09:50 AM
Look at it this way, when you have to do something you don't want to do (visit the inlaws, Broadway shows...) you have an excuse not to go. I'm on my first black car. It's definitly a love-hate relationship.

WAXOFF
03-26-2016, 10:09 AM
Wait until next winter when it's covers in salt. You'll be kicking yourself then. Start stocking up on waterless wash products.

hoyt66
03-26-2016, 10:27 AM
Welcome to the gang of the bold and beautiful :xyxthumbs:
Thanks!...I think:xyxthumbs:

Maybe she wants you outside of her house. Trying to keep you busy in the garage.
I'm always out there getting therapy. She just wants the therapy to involve her car MORE

Sharp car but.....take it back!
Can't go back now brother. It's all over but the crying

My wife bought a Jet Black '06 330 Coupe, I begged her not to do it! Well I lost,at the time I had a black truck and black bass boat. My wife kept her word and never had the car washed away from the house, never again! It did teach me the do's and dont's of car care though, congrats on the new ride
I used to have a black f150. I din't mind keeping it clean. That was before I became a student here...now "keeping it clean" looks way different than before.

I've owner 1 black car in my life. A 1976 Trans Am beautiful car but I never wanted to drive it because I couldn't stand the dust that would show up on it so it sat with a cover on it for most of the 3 years I owned it. Never again. I buy Silver now and like everyone says. We know what we are doing on cars and don't want the everyday hassle of black. Nice looking car though. Good luck. I hope she parks far away at the store.
Did you have the smokey and the bandit car??

It's "Charcoal Black" according to the sticker. I had a tuxedo black truck and fusion at one point. There is no flake in this paint :-(

http://buttonsandchary.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/maq4h.jpg

Hahahaha nice one

Wait until next winter when it's covers in salt. You'll be kicking yourself then. Start stocking up on waterless wash products.

I have a ton of rinseless and waterless wash. This will be good to mow thru some of my supply:dblthumb2:

Jaretr1
03-26-2016, 10:30 AM

I agree and probably one of Ford's nicest colors!

hoyt66
03-26-2016, 06:04 PM
I agree and probably one of Ford's nicest colors!

Definitely one of fords nicest colors. I wish this were the case for this car

JRP
03-26-2016, 06:45 PM
Hoyt she is beauty and will be a head turner and when she is dirty others will say they pity the fool with the Black ride.........