PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question - Black Car fixes?

kev-dog1
10-09-2007, 08:49 AM
Hello All
First post here. Getting ready to clean up and sell my '01 Maxima.

The hood has dozens of tiny pock marks from the road. When I wax or polish, after the wax dries these pock marks become white dots (dried wax in the crevice).

Is there a product with black (dark) tint to it that will fill in or hide these tiny dots?

Kev

makdaddy626
10-09-2007, 08:52 AM
You can use a good quick detail spray after the waxing to remove the excess wax that gets trapped in the chips. For a better fix, there's the Langka paint chip repair kits.

kev-dog1
10-09-2007, 11:48 AM
Thanks Mak
What kind of detailing spray?
Have you used the Langka stuff?

makdaddy626
10-09-2007, 12:20 PM
What kind of detailing spray? Almost any will probably be fine, I usually try to match my QD to my last step product (some may say that's just silly but I feel like at least I know they'll work together). So, what kind of wax or sealant are you using?

I haven't used the Langka kit yet but I've seen posts on here where people got really good results - just search for Langka.

blacknblu
06-14-2008, 10:11 AM
I'm having this same issue (except on red). I've taken a look at the Lanka kit, but it doesn't appear to have a clear coat step. Is anyone familiar with a kit that would work as well but adds a step for clear coat? Those tiny white dots drive me crazy!

Hades02
07-31-2008, 10:54 AM
I believe the Duplicolor touch up kit includes a clear coat
step. I saw it on Speed TV on Truck U.

richy
07-31-2008, 01:59 PM
The Langka just levels the top layer of paint that you have added. If its a deep chip, apply the colour first, let it dry for days; apply the clear next and let it dry for days too. Keep applying clear until its over the level of the chip and then level it with Langka.

ScottB
07-31-2008, 04:48 PM
nail polish ... used car trick !

richy
07-31-2008, 09:50 PM

Damn..that's a new one on me! Clear polish I'm assuming?

ScottB
08-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Damn..that's a new one on me! Clear polish I'm assuming?

I have seen them use color to, but its gotta match and doubt its long lasting.

Ive even seen some at shows early in the morning using Sharpies to touch up small chips. Works for the day, or until something with a little solvent would remove.

dave_from_here
08-01-2008, 07:38 PM

I really like that one lol