PDA

View Full Version : HD Speed Pads

Pages : [1] 2

Zubair
03-25-2016, 04:47 PM
Hey there

Curious to know the cut of HD Speed, Autopia's polish chart states it to be a "2" but have seen guys here correct paints that I'm certain a "2" will not do. More importantly what pads are you guys using with HD Speed?

GSKR
03-25-2016, 05:03 PM
For max cutting,microfiber cutting pad once and done.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
03-25-2016, 05:15 PM
All depends on the paint, and how much the customer is paying.

Production work, I use a lake country orange flat pad, has decent cut , and the foam technology plays nice with all in one's and works the polish wet.

That or a Rupes Yellow pad, or even a boss correcting pad.

Really all depends on how much I'm getting paid, the customers expected outcome. And how hard or soft the paint is.

But I'm usually around those pads

Going to be filming a video pretty soon, that's going to rock everyone's socks!

Zubair
03-25-2016, 05:36 PM
The Rupes Yellow is becoming a very versatile pad, nice cut and nicer gloss.

silverfox
03-25-2016, 05:52 PM
Joe....how does HD speed compare to McKees jeweling wax? I know HD speed cuts more but given you've used both, which would work on s well maintained car. I'm leaning toward the JP, but I'm not thrilled about carnuba.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
03-25-2016, 06:00 PM
Joe....how does HD speed compare to McKees jeweling wax? I know HD speed cuts more but given you've used both, which would work on s well maintained car. I'm leaning toward the JP, but I'm not thrilled about carnuba.

If your car is well maintained isn't the idea to leave the most paint possible ?

So I would use jeweling wax as it has a finer abrasive then HD speed.

That's another great use for the jeweling wax is maintaining a car , and you don't have to use a mid grade polish.

As far as protection goes I do not know how long it lasts! That is something I would have to keep my eye on.

But yes if you just want to maintain your cars it's a awesome product.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
03-25-2016, 06:02 PM
The Rupes Yellow is becoming a very versatile pad, nice cut and nicer gloss.

It's one of my favorite pads, people get fooled and thinks it's just a polishing pad.

I consider that pad a hybrid of a cutting and polishing pad.

Funny me and Dylan from rupes, was just chatting about the yellow pad at Detail Fest, we both agreed on the versatility of the pad.

One of my favorites for sure.

TTQ B4U
03-25-2016, 06:03 PM
Hey there

Curious to know the cut of HD Speed, Autopia's polish chart states it to be a "2" but have seen guys here correct paints that I'm certain a "2" will not do. More importantly what pads are you guys using with HD Speed?

It's just one step down from Meg's Ulitimate POlish and Menzerma SF4000 both of which I use all day long to remove moderate swirls with no issue. I've used HD Speed without issue and would say all of the above will do great.

AIO products like speed work well with Green pads and that's what I've used it with and had great success. You could go orange pad. Never had the need myself but that's just he vehicles I've worked on really.

I keep a great assortment of pads on hand and always start gentle and work my way up if needed. Thus I'd suggest HDSpeed/green pad and go from there. If it doesn't "cut it" pun intended...then move up a pad to say orange. If that doesn't work, I'd move up in product to something like HDAdapt.

GSKR
03-25-2016, 06:07 PM
Joe....how does HD speed compare to McKees jeweling wax? I know HD speed cuts more but given you've used both, which would work on s well maintained car. I'm leaning toward the JP, but I'm not thrilled about carnuba.jp

Zubair
03-26-2016, 02:36 AM
It's just one step down from Meg's Ulitimate POlish and Menzerma SF4000 both of which I use all day long to remove moderate swirls with no issue. I've used HD Speed without issue and would say all of the above will do great.

AIO products like speed work well with Green pads and that's what I've used it with and had great success. You could go orange pad. Never had the need myself but that's just he vehicles I've worked on really.

I keep a great assortment of pads on hand and always start gentle and work my way up if needed. Thus I'd suggest HDSpeed/green pad and go from there. If it doesn't "cut it" pun intended...then move up a pad to say orange. If that doesn't work, I'd move up in product to something like HDAdapt.

Yeah read the BnS or LC Green pads polish and finish amazingly well, can't wait go try those out.

ski2
03-26-2016, 07:17 AM

Have you considered Prima Amigo? A mild abrasive with polymer fillers since you're not thrilled with the carnuba.

geekdout
03-26-2016, 09:04 AM
When I read the title of the thread I thought this was about HD's new heavy cutting foam pads. It looks like it is their version of Carpro's Flash pads.

custmsprty
03-26-2016, 09:13 AM
I have used Buff & Shine or LC flat orange pads with HD Speed with excellent results. It's corrected minor swirls and blemishes and finished out exceptionally well with both of these pads. I have experimented with Rupes Green pads since I have them but went back to the orange pads.

shagnat
03-26-2016, 05:01 PM
It's one of my favorite pads, people get fooled and thinks it's just a polishing pad.

I consider that pad a hybrid of a cutting and polishing pad.

Funny me and Dylan from rupes, was just chatting about the yellow pad at Detail Fest, we both agreed on the versatility of the pad.

One of my favorites for sure.
Can it be used on a PC2474xp? Or does it need the longer throw of the Rupes and the like?

custmsprty
03-26-2016, 05:05 PM
Can it be used on a PC2474xp? Or does it need the longer throw of the Rupes and the like?

I think you'll be bogging down your PC with that pad. I'd be more inclined to use the Griots new flat pads on your PC if you're willing to invest the money.