PDA

View Full Version : Nano uses

Mike@ShineStruck
03-24-2016, 07:16 PM
Outline vehicle for polish and wax steps(corners and edges)

Narrow window pillars

Around emblems/decals

Test spot demo/presentation for prospect customers

Isolated scratch repairs

Window Louvers

Bumper pockets

Motorcycles

Wheel polishing/correction

Painted Pinstrip removal

Any other ideas add them

RTexasF
03-24-2016, 07:20 PM
What's a nano?

Mike@ShineStruck
03-24-2016, 07:21 PM
New Rupes Nano polisher

LEDetailing
03-25-2016, 03:27 AM
Being able to polish off the grid. Every OCD car show guy will want a Nano to bring to the shows. "Just in case"

Other uses:

-Interior trim, wood, carbon fiber, painted dashboards.

-Door jambs, undersides of hood and deck lids.

Audios S6
03-25-2016, 07:23 AM
Louvers on classics, porsches, and various other cars

chrome grilles & trims

nasty steering wheel controls & seat controls

lock cylinders & assemblies

door handles and recesses

One might think you are trying to justify your purchase by finding ways to use it......I have a feeling it's more a matter of wanting to exploit the awesomeness as often as possible.

RTexasF
03-25-2016, 07:40 AM
New Rupes Nano polisher

Thank you. I had not seen that bit of kit yet.

Dylan@RUPES
03-25-2016, 10:14 AM
An interesting phenomena happened when we first pulled the wraps off the Nano at SEMA - people were coming up with uses we hadn't even thought of, so we're taking the stance that we'll give you some basic ideas but the market will tell us what the Nano does and I'm sure you'll find almost limitless uses for it.

Just to add to whats been said so far -

The kit includes a nylon and horsehair brush. I've used them for scrubbing leather (especially shift knobs and steering wheels).

At detail fest we used it to clean shoes after trudging thru the swampy parking lot.

If any of you follow me on FB you likely saw me polishing out watches at the show using the Nano.

Using the 3mm orbit with PSA P2000 dics you can remove dust nibs from fresh paint, knock down runs, or even remove small scratches without attacking a larger surrounding area.

The list grows by the day and the more you use it the more uses you'll find. My wife wants one with the nylon brush for scrubbing things around the house without the need for a cord.

Paul A.
03-25-2016, 01:47 PM
LEDetailing nailed it for me! Interior trim. I've taken my rotary and a 3" pad to mine and while it worked somewhat the Nano could refine it even more. Freakin' 2 step corrections on the inside!!!