PDA

View Full Version : Finally--A Change in Direction--Honda/Acura Styling

Setec Astronomy
03-24-2016, 06:05 AM
Car & Driver about the new Acura MDX: 2017 Acura MDX Photos and Info – News – Car and Driver (http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2017-acura-mdx-photos-and-info-news)

"...to ditch the brand's signature metal "shield" grille...{which was} more brutal than beautiful."

Hopefully this signals a shift away from the horrible Honda/Acura front end styling of the last 10 years.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
03-24-2016, 08:11 AM
I am very happy with some of the new styling of newer cars coming out. You can actually get a Camry or Accord that looks cool, even though it is an everyday driver. Look at what Toyota has done with the Sienna SE!!! That is a cool looking minivan! The new Accord SE looks absolutely beautiful.

Desertnate
03-24-2016, 08:11 AM
I sure hope so. It doesn't look too bad and I think the look will translate better to a smaller cross section area like the front of a car than it does a SUV.

Another good example of this design language is the new NSX which I find to be a rather attractive car too.

Jaretr1
03-24-2016, 12:22 PM
That beak had probably been responsible for sales declines since it came out. It never looked good on any of the Acura vehicles. Hopefully this new look will help bolster the Acura brand, as they are otherwise great vehicles.

zilla
03-24-2016, 12:24 PM
Acura's haven't been nice in like 10 years since they went with the beak. This is a welcome departure. But for that money, I go to Audi first. :)

Joe@NextLevelDetail
03-24-2016, 12:29 PM
That's a nice truck , I agree with you

High Caliber
03-24-2016, 12:35 PM
Car & Driver about the new Acura MDX: 2017 Acura MDX Photos and Info – News – Car and Driver (http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2017-acura-mdx-photos-and-info-news)

"...to ditch the brand's signature metal "shield" grille...{which was} more brutal than beautiful."

Hopefully this signals a shift away from the horrible Honda/Acura front end styling of the last 10 years.

Im a Honda guy myself and STRONGLY Agree with you!

Now I know Acura has the NSX back in business but we a couple more performance options for the Honda/Acura line.

Desertnate
03-24-2016, 12:36 PM
Acura's haven't been nice in like 10 years since they went with the beak. This is a welcome departure. But for that money, I go to Audi first. :)

I took a look at Acuras for the first time in years at the auto show this winter. I was really impressed by the RLX and the TLX. Both were spacious, comfortable, and well built by all appearances.

I too would look at a BMW or Audi, but that's because I prefer the German driving experience and feel you just can't get elsewhere. However, I think if I knew of a friend or family member who wasn't a fanatic like me and simply wanted a really nice, near-luxury, performance-ish car, I'd tell them to take a look. I'd probably recommend the Acura over a Lexus or Infinity as they are a better value in my eyes. I also have to give Acura some credit for their SH-AWD system.

When my daughter graduates from Pharmacy school in a couple of years, I'll recomend she take a look at a 2~3-year old CPO TLX SH-AWD.

GSKR
03-24-2016, 01:12 PM
The new Lexus suv front is hideous looking.