PDA

View Full Version : Car wash soap

Pages : [1] 2

Coopers ST
03-23-2016, 10:29 PM
What soap do you like more. Megs D110 or 3D Pink car soap? Or???

I read great things about both

Eldorado2k
03-23-2016, 10:43 PM
If you're looking to use a foam gun, I'd go with 3D Pink. I've seen it in use and the foam is simply amazing. So thick it'll bury a grown man in seconds.

Coopers ST
03-23-2016, 10:51 PM
Nope no gun, just regular 2 bucket method.

Eldorado2k
03-23-2016, 10:58 PM
Nope no gun, just regular 2 bucket method.

Some people have suggested D110 Hyper Wash, [400:1 dilution ratio] but I use 3 gallon buckets for washing.. And the thought of measuring out .5 [half ounce] of car soap sounds more like an inconvenience than anything. Hyper Wash's dilution ratio is geared toward actual car washes, which use professional metering systems.

What soap are you currently using?

Coopers ST
03-23-2016, 11:08 PM
Currently I am using Megs wash n wax and gold class. I am almost out of both though.

Daviddear30
03-23-2016, 11:09 PM
I use hyper wash in buckets. Does anyone measure that out?
I feel most people eyeball it.
I was a bartender and we had to free pour 1 1.25 1.5 ounce etc and got tested on it so..

Heisenberg
03-23-2016, 11:31 PM
Some people have suggested D110 Hyper Wash, [400:1 dilution ratio] but I use 3 gallon buckets for washing.. And the thought of measuring out .5 [half ounce] of car soap sounds more like an inconvenience than anything. Hyper Wash's dilution ratio is geared toward actual car washes, which use professional metering systems.

One pump of the dispenser I have on the gallon bottle straight into the bucket. Makes it really easy. :xyxthumbs:

The Guz
03-24-2016, 12:15 AM
I haven't used 3D Pink Soap. But I do use Hyper wash. It works fine in a bucket and in a foam gun/foam cannon. You don't need to strictly use it a foam gun/cannon.

I also like Optimum Car Wash. That has a 1/2 oz per gallon dilution. It's a tad thicker than hyper wash

It's not sold here but Adams car shampoo is nice. It's thicker than either of these.

Hyper Wash's dilution ratio is geared toward actual car washes, which use professional metering systems.

Lol sorry but I have to completely disagree. This is a bogus statement in my opinion.

One pump of the dispenser I have on the gallon bottle straight into the bucket. Makes it really easy. :xyxthumbs:

Exactly this.

Eldorado2k
03-24-2016, 12:16 AM

Yup, that'll work.
I have pumps for my gallons, but I tend to use them less nowadays simply because in order to return to my cabinet I have to re close them, which results in a bit of wasted product during that last pump & turn.. But that's just my own personal issue.

Thx to a tip from someone on this forum, I've begun to use these self cleaning spouts for some of my gallons. And best of all it easily fits in my cabinet. The only negative is they pour Really slow... It took almost 3min. to fill up this 12oz bottle from empty just now.

Little bottle is marked @ every 2oz. for easy precise bucket washes.👌🏼

Eldorado2k
03-24-2016, 12:44 AM
Lol sorry but I have to completely disagree. This is a bogus statement in my opinion.

When I 1st set out to buy in bulk, I called Megs Hotline and asked about Hyper Wash because it almost seemed too good to be true with its dilution ratio & price per gallon. I was wondering why I hadn't heard more mention of this perticular car wash. The Megs rep informed me it was because Hyper Wash is marketed towards professional car wash businesses that use metering systems.

That same info about D110 Hyper Wash can be found on numerous websites across the internet.

:)

Joe@NextLevelDetail
03-24-2016, 01:02 AM
I been meaning to try Adam's car wash a ton of people love this stuff, and optimum car wash, people love that stuff too. Nice bottle Eldorado 2k I like the lines for every 2oz

Eldorado2k
03-24-2016, 01:04 AM
Nice bottle Eldorado 2k I like the lines for every 2oz

Thx bud👍🏽

lee250
03-24-2016, 01:38 AM
I use megs gold class. It works great using buckets and I put it in the soap dispenser in my pressure washer and foams up good.

larry33
03-24-2016, 03:30 AM
Hyper wash..without a doubt

JRP
03-24-2016, 04:58 AM
Meg`s Hyperwash for 2BW and Foam Cannon.

As for measuring I use a repurposed Gojo pump. 2 pumps 1/4 of an ounce so I can easily meter out what ever amount needed.