PDA

View Full Version : HD Adapt or D151

Nav45
03-23-2016, 08:59 PM
Hello, I'm wondering between these two products on different levels of use. I currently have HD Adapt but haven't used it yet. I am looking at D151 due to its various abilities. So I'm wondering what product might be appropriate for a certain situation.

For example, when I'm trying to gently polish my car to some slight gloss enhancement or when trying to remove slight scratches, I'm thinking something like D151 might be beneficial since it's meant to do clean, correct and protect. However, I'm wondering if HD Adapt might even do a better job at this - thought without the protection included. I'm not sure which product will likely have a better balance of cut and finishing ability.

Also, which of these products is better to use over the entire car? Like on headlights, windows, plastic areas, etc?

Another example: Let's assume there is a car with very hard paint, I'm going to assume that both of these products might work similarly in their cutting ability. What I'm unsure of is which of these products can truly polish in one step in terms of leaving a very glossy surface. I'm liking each product for their different attributes.

The thing about D151 is that I don't detail many cars (at least not yet) so I'm not sure if I can really utilize that large size.

Thank you.

custmsprty
03-23-2016, 09:08 PM
This should help answer some of your questions about Adapt:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/98953-2014-nissan-370-z-griots-g21-hd-adapt-7-hd-poxy.html

Nav45
03-24-2016, 05:52 PM
This should help answer some of your questions about Adapt:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/98953-2014-nissan-370-z-griots-g21-hd-adapt-7-hd-poxy.html

Hi custmsprty, your thread and positive feedback was one of the reasons I purchased Adapt. So thanks for that.

I'm just wondering what kind of product D151 is - is it similar in cutting and finishing ability to Adapt? I'm wondering if there is any reason for D151 for a person who doesn't detail "that" many cars. I mean, I still have so much polish left so I don't really need any more.

For instance, let's say a car is in good shape but has a few minor scratches, would using an AIO be good or something like a dedicated polish? I will be using a sealant/LSP afterwards anyway so I'm thinking an AIO might not even be needed. Then again, what if the car has plenty of scratches and the paint is in fairly rough condition? Would D151 work better as a one step compared to Adapt?

Thank you.

custmsprty
03-24-2016, 05:58 PM
Sorry, I can't comment on D151 as I've never used it.

Generally speaking a product like HD Speed which is an amazing aio would take the place of the polishing. I use it with orange pads and have achieved amazing results with it.

Speed topped with Poxy.

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/custmsprty/BMW2_zps9wknlgbh.jpg (http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/custmsprty/media/BMW2_zps9wknlgbh.jpg.html)

Nav45
03-24-2016, 06:05 PM
Great job again custmsprty. Looks like you found the right combination! I'm thinking an AIO might not really be needed to be honest. I'm still in the beginning stages of learning about this stuff so just wondering about things. I've got HD Polish so is there a real need for HD Speed if I'm going to apply another LSP anyway?

Thanks.

custmsprty
03-24-2016, 06:14 PM
Great job again custmsprty. Looks like you found the right combination! I'm thinking an AIO might not really be needed to be honest. I'm still in the beginning stages of learning about this stuff so just wondering about things. I've got HD Polish so is there a real need for HD Speed if I'm going to apply another LSP anyway?

Thanks.

Probably not.

That being said, one of the things I really like about HD is you can fill the line out of 16oz. bottles as you need to and not break the bank.

Nav45
03-24-2016, 06:24 PM
Probably not.

That being said, one of the things I really like about HD is you can fill the line out of 16oz. bottles as you need to and not break the bank.

Very true and one of the reasons I like to use them. Plus, the results are really good. Thanks.

GSKR
03-24-2016, 07:37 PM
Gonna try to mix adapt and speed in one bottle.These corvettes has such hard paint to remove swirls from.last vette I did was solely Hd speed with 205 lbs of pressure with the polisher,came out awesome just need a little more of a bite for a one step.Im doing 8 to 12 vettes a month you can check out my work on all vette.net

rbss
03-24-2016, 07:55 PM
Im doing 8 to 12 vettes a month you can check out my work on all vette.net

Bragger :laughing:

JeffM
03-24-2016, 08:21 PM
Gonna try to mix adapt and speed in one bottle.These corvettes has such hard paint to remove swirls from.last vette I did was solely Hd speed with 205 lbs of pressure with the polisher,came out awesome just need a little more of a bite for a one step.Im doing 8 to 12 vettes a month you can check out my work on all vette.net

Im not a pro but I found adapt to struggle with hard paint, I went up to D300 and megs mf cutting pad. Performed better for me on hard paint. Maybe it was a matter of the stiffer pad vs. the yellow backed MF pad that is softer.

FUNX650
03-24-2016, 08:34 PM
Hard not to like the versatility of D151.

Bob

custmsprty
03-24-2016, 08:35 PM
Im not a pro but I found adapt to struggle with hard paint, I went up to D300 and megs mf cutting pad. Performed better for me on hard paint. Maybe it was a matter of the stiffer pad vs. the yellow backed MF pad that is softer.

When I'm detailing a vehicle, no what the product line I prefer to stay within the products family line. I would have done a test spot with a different pad probably a yellow cutting pad with Adapt and if that didn't work I would have jumped up to HD Cut and started the test spot process all over again with different pads. I personally usually start with an orange pad.

GSKR
03-24-2016, 08:44 PM
I thought of the d300 , but I'm looking to save time doing a one step polish,the d300 will require a follow up polish.was thinking mixing menzerna cut and gloss with adapt also.I will get it dialed in I normally don't mix products together on cars,but in this case I'm not getting paid to do a two step.Hd speed on a 04 vette with moderate swirls came out great lots of clarity and shine,just need more bite to marry hd speed in one bottle.

GSKR
03-24-2016, 08:48 PM
Or I can add a tinch of hd cut to hd speed.