PDA

View Full Version : coating prep question

83rmb
03-22-2016, 09:14 PM
Is it ok to use Wolfgang finishing glaze before using the Blackfire coating prep? I occasionally get brand new trucks in my shop, with the dealer installed swirl marks. They are very light swirls, and come out very easily with light polish. I am trying to limit myself on how many different products I have to keep in stock. (Trying to save a few bucks if that's even possible) I realize the glaze has oils in it to "wet" the paint. Does the coating prep remove these oils, or do I need to keep a seperate finishing polish in stock for light swirls. I like the WG glaze, because it seems to break down faster than heavier polishes, so it saves me a lot of time on the big trucks I get in here all the time.

Setec Astronomy
03-22-2016, 09:17 PM
Directly from the product page for the Blackfire Crystal Coat Paint Prep:

"This high-lubricity pre-cleaner removes and dissolves oil particles, polish residue, fillers, waxes, finger prints, grease, and smudges, leaving the surface prepped and ready for your favorite paint or surface coating."

Anyway, if I need to explain that, the coating prep is expressly designed to remove polish residues, like that which Wolfgang Finishing Glaze would leave.

AGOatemywallet
03-22-2016, 10:54 PM
If you are trying to "save a few bucks" the Wolfgang line is a poor choice.

32oz of Wolfgang Finishing Glaze is $60. The same size of Meguiar's M205 is only $24.

M205 is also much more versatile. It can provide a decent amount of cut, when paired with the right pad and it will finish out great with most polishing and finishing pads.

It also wipes off sooooo much easier than WG.