PDA

View Full Version : Product recommendations

Coopers ST
03-22-2016, 08:54 PM
Hey all,
I can use some product recommendations. For interior cleaning I am using Megs Quick interior cleaner. When I was just doing my cars hat was fine, but now that I am detailing on the side it seems expensive, and want to know what other product peopl are using that may be more price conscious. Even something I purchas in gallons that I dilute.

I am then using Megs natural shine protectant. I do have and use 303 also, but again price is coming to mind.

For leather I am using up some Chemical guys stuff then I think I want to try 3D liquid leather.

Finely for trim, I have and really like Adams Super VRT, but was already planning on something else even just for me I just don't know where to start as I have always used that. I am thinking I may still stick with it as it lasts a long time.

Thanks guys

Setec Astronomy
03-22-2016, 09:04 PM
For the QID, how about buying it by the gallon:

Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer, vinyl and rubber cleaner, interior cleaner, dash cleaner, cockpit cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-quik-interior-detailer.html)

There's also some other products in the Detailer line you may be interested in:

Meguiars Professional Detailer Products (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-professional-products.html)

ViperGuy21
03-22-2016, 10:05 PM
Honestly for leather I've found that some APC(CG NONSENSE @ ~18:1)and a scrub brush or non-abrasive scrub pad work really well with no adverse affects from what I've seen. However, if you are just maintaining fairly clean leather already, I'd recommend the new Mother's All-in-One Leather Care. I won a bottle in the recent Mother's giveaway and got to test it out last Friday and really like it. Smells decent, has impressive cleaning power and leaves the seats feeling nice and soft. I was(unexpectedly)impressed by this product. I hope to have time to write my full length review in the next couple of days if you want to look out for it.
Also, I use the same APC as mentioned above for my general interior cleaner for plastics, trim, fabric, and even carpets and seats sometimes.

dcjredline
03-22-2016, 10:21 PM
It may be costing you too much cause in my opinion you are doing 2 steps twice. The QID is meant as a one step product. By putting natural shine on top of that is IMO overkill. You are going to find it hard to beat QID in the gallon price wise.

Eldorado2k
03-22-2016, 10:59 PM
Have you tried Megs D101 APC yet? That's a good foundation and IMO a must have gallon. It works great and dilutes @10:1 and cleans lots of surfaces. Alot of people say great things about Optimum Power Clean as well. I've never tried that 1 myself, but it seems well regarded.

TacoRun
03-23-2016, 01:06 AM
Have you tried Megs D101 APC yet? That's a good foundation and IMO a must have gallon. It works great and dilutes @10:1 and cleans lots of surfaces. Alot of people say great things about Optimum Power Clean as well. I've never tried that 1 myself, but it seems well regarded.

+1 for Megs D101. Amazing stuff! And a 10:1 ratio is plenty of dilution for interior cleaning.

Coopers ST
03-23-2016, 08:23 PM
So you guys are saying to use APC as the interior all around cleaner? Should I top that with something like 303, or some other protectant?

custmsprty
03-23-2016, 08:29 PM
CG Silk Shine is my all time favorite interior cleaner / protectant.

Eldorado2k
03-23-2016, 11:21 PM
So you guys are saying to use APC as the interior all around cleaner? Should I top that with something like 303, or some other protectant?

My main interior cleaners are Megs D101 APC@10:1, D181, or D114@1:128. Sometimes I'll top it things off with Megs D180, sometimes I won't.. It depends whether I feel like having a clean matte finish or a conditioned look. You can top it off with your choice of protectant.

AZpolisher15
03-24-2016, 12:02 AM
FYI Megs Natural Shine Protectant doesn't hold up well for me in my Toyota in the summer months. I think the issue is that it evaporates slowly and it causes a spotting appearance. At first a few small spots after a week or so. Then they grow and multiply. It looks pretty bad. The only way to "fix" it is to add more product. I'm not sure if this is the fault of the product or the type of plastic on my dash/panel. But 303 works just fine. Just thought I'd throw the info out there.