PDA

View Full Version : Door Jambs

Pages : [1] 2 3

cleanfreak3
03-22-2016, 12:01 PM
What is the best towel to use to wipe down door jambs after washing?

pheerix
03-22-2016, 12:13 PM
Cheap microfiber towels

BadgerRivFan
03-22-2016, 12:17 PM
Lots of options for this task. I like using these towels from Griots Garage for my door jambs, around the trunk lid, under the hood, etc.

http://www.autogeek.net/griots-tims-wipe-down-towel.html

cleanfreak3
03-22-2016, 12:37 PM
Lots of options for this task. I like using these towels from Griots Garage for my door jambs, around the trunk lid, under the hood, etc.

Griots Garage Tim’s Dirty Spots Wipe Down Towel (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-tims-wipe-down-towel.html)

This is exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you.

asianisafish
03-22-2016, 12:56 PM
Costcoooooo

TTQ B4U
03-22-2016, 01:21 PM
Cheap microfiber towels

^^ this.

I must have 100+ laying around as I used them before I had my Audi and was working with a Pearl White car that wasn't as picky about quality towels. Now I use them for the tough and dirty jobs.

Although both our vehicles have been detailed inside the door jams so I no longer really consider them tough and dirty as they are as clean as the outside and I keep them like that :xyxthumbs:

parshooter
03-22-2016, 02:10 PM
Why use cheap ones? If the jambs are clean, it won't hurt to use the same ones as for the body paint.

BMW435
03-22-2016, 02:32 PM
Costcoooooo

This

Eldorado2k
03-22-2016, 02:39 PM
Why use cheap ones? If the jambs are clean, it won't hurt to use the same ones as for the body paint.

They're never clean enough to use my regular towels on them. I love clean door jambs, I hate having to sacrifice any good towels to clean em.

parshooter
03-22-2016, 04:46 PM
They're never clean enough to use my regular towels on them. I love clean door jambs, I hate having to sacrifice any good towels to clean em.
How can door jambs get dirtier than the exterior of the car? You driving with your doors open, through mud ?

pheerix
03-22-2016, 04:58 PM
All the crap that gets kicked up from the road gets in there plus when it rains all the crap in the body crevices collects there.

Eldorado2k
03-22-2016, 05:44 PM
All the crap that gets kicked up from the road gets in there plus when it rains all the crap in the body crevices collects there.

Plus there's a small amount of grease on the hinges, and I'm still not completely sure what's the purpose of the vents in the door jambs, but they're always dusty. Rubber weatherstripping is always leeching dirt or old dressing as soon as you touch it with a towel.. The gunk in the doorjambs neverends.

Another culprit is the dirty water from the initial rinse never gets fully rinsed out of the doorjambs. So once you finally open the doors you're greeted by dirty water spots mixed with the rest of the grime to wipe up.

dakotaRT
03-22-2016, 07:44 PM
Head on over to Wallyworld. They have a $5 pack of Microfibers (contains about 10). Definitely worth it, for the areas you don't want the good microfibers getting too :)

Souldetailer
03-22-2016, 07:57 PM
Head on over to Wallyworld. They have a $5 pack of Microfibers (contains about 10). Definitely worth it, for the areas you don't want the good microfibers getting too :)

^^^Did this^^^ I agree, they work just fine for the dirty jobs.

cardaddy
03-22-2016, 08:33 PM
As was said... and I'll expound a bit on it.

There is a brand, from a place named after Kirk - (in a) LAND
In a BIG membership store, with the name "Cost" at the first part, and "co" at the end.

There you'll find a 36 pack for $14 last time I looked! :D Wash AND DRY them AT LEAST twice before using.

Insert one finger in the tag 'loop'. Grasp that side of the 'loop' between your finger and thumb and give a quick YANK in one direction. (You ARE NOT trying to totally remove it at this point.)

Then while still holding it.... give it another quick SNAP in the other direction. (Remember... you're only holding ONE side of the 'loop'.)

That'll generally remove THAT side of the loop.

Grab the other side and repeat the first two steps.

Enjoy! :D