PDA

View Full Version : Optimum power clean?

Pages : [1] 2

DjbuddyPL
03-21-2016, 12:22 PM
I have been reading view reviews and options about apc and this one seems to stand out. My question is, since I never used one to clean a car! How can it clean rims and how can it be gentle yet strong enough to clean car leather and plastic panels? What's a good ratio of diluted for this to be used on a very dirty car with a scrubbing brush on leather, plastics, carpet and wheels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamesboyy
03-21-2016, 12:34 PM
Like you have stated one will need to dilute the product to work for the task at hand, that said to clean your wheels dilute product down to 1:4 or if it was a cheaper APC than use it straight as for leather 1:10 should be good enough though also do a hidden test spot first before full on cleaning, lastly I'm not trying to change your mind set but some good alternatives would be meguairs d101, LA awesome, or Zep citrus APC which can be found online and local..... Just some ideas

DjbuddyPL
03-21-2016, 12:42 PM
Do they work as well? And safe to use on cars?

Mantilgh
03-21-2016, 12:54 PM
McKee's 37 Hi-Intensity All Purpose Cleaner, formally know as DP Hi-Intensity All Purpose Cleaner Plus. Just as good as Optimum Power Clean and slightly cheaper and slightly better dilution ratios.

McKee's 37 Hi-Intensity All Purpose Cleaner Plus (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-apc-plus.html)

Another good one is

3D Orange 88 Citrus Degreaser 128 oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/3d-orange-88-refill.html)

Same dilutions as the APC Plus, cheaper, and is a great cleaner/degreaser. I mostly use it for wheels, tires, and wheel wells, but it is also great for spot treating really bad interior stains. I also use it on the the dirtiest leather seats instead of APC Plus.

Most of the bad interiors in this thread were cleaned with Orange88, OPC, and APC Plus, or a mix.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/93070-pic-heavy-trashed-interior-job.html

To me LA Totally awesome is similar to, but weaker than Orange88.

jamesboyy
03-21-2016, 12:57 PM
In my experience, yes they work well and or is safe to use on vehicles

DjbuddyPL
03-21-2016, 01:25 PM
Where can I get la awesome locally? And what ratio for interior such as plastic or leather?

ViperGuy21
03-21-2016, 01:25 PM
A great alternative is CG AllClean+. 10:1 dilution for tires, wheels, and nasty stuff. 20:1 for interior. Absolutely love this stuff!

jamesboyy
03-21-2016, 01:33 PM
Where can I get la awesome locally? And what ratio for interior such as plastic or leather?

At your dollar store,( dollar tree/general, family dollar) at 1:10 or 1:20 depending on how dirty

JeffM
03-21-2016, 02:46 PM
La Awesome is nothing like powerclean. Its a caustic harsh chemical that probably pits.

Power clean is safe for every surface and extremely effective.

La awesome is like draino in a spray bottle.

Mantilgh
03-21-2016, 04:21 PM
La Awesome is nothing like powerclean. Its a caustic harsh chemical that pits.

I think that is a bit harsh. While it is not the same as Power Clean, looking at the msds sheets it is almost exactly the same as Orange88.

I have had no issues with either Orange88 or Totally Awesome. I generally will follow either up with a damp rag to help remove any remaining cleaner if I do use it on the interior.

Real Riders
03-21-2016, 06:36 PM
La Awesome is nothing like powerclean. Its a caustic harsh chemical that probably pits.

Power clean is safe for every surface and extremely effective.

I agree. If you are a professional detailer I feel like LA Awesome is a terrible choice. Power Clean is much better and is safe on all surfaces. I would never want to tell my customer I use APC from the Dollar Store. I feel like it makes you look cheap. When you use Optimum Power Clean, you can assure the customer you are a professional detailer using the best products and that is what the customer wants to hear

Eldorado2k
03-21-2016, 10:12 PM
When you use Optimum Power Clean, you can assure the customer you are a professional detailer using the best products and that is what the customer wants to hear

But no customer's ever heard of Optimum Power Clean.. Just sayin.

The only time a customer has ever specifically asked what products I was going to use was when I detailed an RV, and for good reason. He had his own special RV wash and wanted to make sure I wasn't some hack who was about to wash his RV with dish soap or something crazy...

Chris Thomas
03-21-2016, 10:28 PM
I like keeping a gallon mixed up at the recommended 3:1 ratio for all exterior jobs. And for most interior jobs I just cut my premix 1:1 with water again making it 7:1. This keeps it simple for me.

The only thing you need to be careful of is not to let the product run on leather and vinyl. Sometimes you will have a very clean "run" that its hard to clean the rest to match. If this happens, a magic eraser usually fixes it.

AGOatemywallet
03-21-2016, 10:54 PM
Good Tpis Chris

Really appreciate it when Vendor Reps chime in

Fast Eddie
03-21-2016, 11:02 PM
I would never want to tell my customer I use APC from the Dollar Store. I feel like it makes you look cheap.
Just put the APC from the dollar store in a different bottle and put a sticker on it that says $29.99 :xyxthumbs: Just kidding of course, but I could care less what a product costs, I just want something that works. And I do use LA totally awesome in certain situations and would never be ashamed to admit it because it works as intended.