PDA

View Full Version : Detailing is Sooo easy!

Aaryn NZ
03-21-2016, 02:04 AM
So, in the last six months there has been two "detailing" businesses open up in my town. Now they aren't solely "detailing" & its not even their main service in either shop. One sells alloy wheels & the other is a cheap oil change service type shop.

Its not the competition that bugs me, its more the fact that they think its that easy. I know - everyone has to start somewhere & I'm all for helping the next guy but my concern is they are going to tarnish the real detailers . . . Me!

Down here in NZ we can't command the $ that some of you in the US can, simply because there isn't that kind of $ in NZ but I like to think I'm almost getting what I'm worth. Now the oil change place - they can (apparently) detail an eight seater minivan, interior & exterior, including machine polishing for $125 NZ (around $80 US) in four hours!!! Wow! Sometimes it takes me two hours just to wash a car & I sure as heck couldn't do all that for $125. My client tells me (they rang to inquire) that their machine "cut & polish" wont remove deep scratches but scratches from fencing wire & the likes - will buff out no problems! Yikes!

Anyway - thanks for reading my whiney thread. I'm just gonna keep doin' what I do & hope that if I have to fix any of their work, that they have left me enough paint to work with.

Aaryn NZ. :dblthumb2:

briarpatch
03-21-2016, 06:50 AM
Funny...had a conversation with someone I work with who owns a full size Ford Pickup truck.....says he gets it 'detailed' once a year....and its $100.00 (around 147.00 NZ).....I ask him what they do for that....he told me..."I do not know, it just looks good when I get it back"