PDA

View Full Version : Too much product being used?

muddy
10-08-2007, 02:19 PM
I think I might not be using my QD'er (#521) the way most do. I have been using it after a wash on the entire vehicle and also between washes again on the entire vehicle using clean MF's and about 4 sprays per panel ('06 Nissan Xterra).

I am running out of product pretty quickly, and wondering if something like DP Four-In-One is more suited for what it is that I am doing, which is kind of a "secondary cleaning" after I wash my vehicle or as a quick full vehicle cleaner/detailer. Is using a QD like #521 or Meg's QD to do the whole vehicle each wash and in between something any of you do?

I also notice some people have mentioned using a QD while the vehicle is still wet in order to aid drying...how does this work? I would think after I flooding my vehicle and then spraying a QD that the QD would just be absorbed by a WW or as I am using now...The Absorber (I still need to get a guzzler one day). :D

Thanks for any help and advice! :cheers:

makdaddy626
10-08-2007, 02:39 PM
I use a QD spray to help with drying. I use a leaf blower to do most of the drying but mist each panel with (current choice is DP Final Gloss) a spray before drying with the Guzzler. The panel is almost dry from the leaf blower. I don't think that the product would be absorbed by the towel any more than it would be absorbed by the towel starting with a dry panel. It does give it that just waxed look and helps prevent swirls from drying.

For "between wash washes", I use Poor Boys Spray and Wipe rather than a QD spray.

ehuth1
10-08-2007, 03:21 PM
I have some Optimum No Rinse mixed up as QD, it works great!! You can apply to dry surface or wet... I think it works great both ways.

muddy
10-09-2007, 01:42 PM
I have some Optimum No Rinse mixed up as QD, it works great!! You can apply to dry surface or wet... I think it works great both ways.

How much do you typically spray per panel when dry?
I just have to decide between ONR and 4-in-1. These no-rinse washes seem perfect for winter especially, but also in place of my "saturate my vehicle in #521" style cleaning lol. ;)

For "between wash washes", I use Poor Boys Spray and Wipe rather than a QD spray.makdaddy626, how much do you spray with PB Spray and Wipe? I am guessing maybe I can use about the same with #521 just to judge if I am way overdoing it with product.

Thanks guys...look forward to hearing your answers and suggestions.

makdaddy626
10-09-2007, 01:49 PM
I usually spray "up" and try to let a fine mist settle on each panel. That's about the best way I know to describe is "lightly misted" not wet. I like S&W better between washes because it's a waterless wash without any protection added - so I don't worry about build up from over use.

ehuth1
10-09-2007, 01:54 PM
You can get away with 2 fine mist sprays per panel. ONR will spread out evenly once wiped.

ScottB
10-09-2007, 05:27 PM
I too use and suggest using a qd'er type product while drying. First you blow off the car with leaf blower dedicated to cars only. Then you mist (about 2-3 spritzes) per panel. It will help lubricate and you wipe dry and adds gloss and pop when using some of the qd'er+ type products. (Aquawax, Souveran Spray Wax, Surf City Voodoo Spray, Poorboys Spray/Gloss).