PDA

View Full Version : Waxes on sealants

parshooter
03-19-2016, 10:35 AM
Are there certain waxes that won't stick to certain sealants? In specific, Blackfire AIO Polish/Sealant. TIA :xyxthumbs:

cleanmycorolla
03-19-2016, 10:45 AM
I've never seen a wax applied on a sealant and the wax run off in fear! :)

You should be fine, I've tried hundreds of combos never any issues really. I am sure others have tried more with no issues as well.

TTQ B4U
03-19-2016, 10:50 AM
Are there certain waxes that won't stick to certain sealants? In specific, Blackfire AIO Polish/Sealant. TIA :xyxthumbs:

Haven't had any issues myself. My go-to sealant is Menzerma Powerlock and I've topped it off with Blackfire's montain hybrid and collinite with no issues.

FUNX650
03-19-2016, 11:40 AM
I really don't think so.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/31186-miscible-immiscible-wax-paint-sealant-bonding.html

Bob

Kamakaz1961
03-19-2016, 02:01 PM
There are some waxes that react differently when applied over sealant. Most are fine, however, there are a couple of waxes that will "Ghost" or Haze on top of a sealant. Those that do I usually donate as IMO that should not happen...PERIOD. There are so many other waxes that do not have this problem.

You can test this reaction by letting your ride sit out in the sun for a while and see if the wax you applied does ghost or haze. More than likely, you will or should not experience this issue.

BTW, that is how I detail my ride....sealant topped with a wax.