PDA

View Full Version : Tried 6" Innerflex Pad today...

Eldorado2k
03-18-2016, 10:49 PM
I decided to try out the Innerflex pad for the 1st time on my G21 and was amazed at how smooth the machine ran with it on. It was like night & day compared to just using the Boss pads without it.

It sort of reminded me of how Meguiars Thin Foam Pads run vs. LC Country Flat Foam pads on my HF polisher.. Sure the Megs thin pads might cut a bit faster, but the thicker LC pads always feel smoother in every way. Plus I can't help but notice that the Boss pads are pretty much identical to the Megs Thin Foam Pads..

Has anyone else noticed this? It kind of makes me wonder if the G21 would run much smoother with bulkier pads such as the Rupes pads, or maybe even the LC Orbitals.

ski2
03-29-2016, 07:08 AM
I use the B&S Low Pro pads on my G15 and it runs very smooth. They have a type of interface pad built in. They look bulky, but they are very light compared to some other pads.

LSNAutoDetailing
03-29-2016, 09:36 AM
Has anyone else noticed this? It kind of makes me wonder if the G21 would run much smoother with bulkier pads such as the Rupes pads, or maybe even the LC Orbitals.

Yes, I mainly use the LC CCS 5.5" pads on my G15... and only recently started using the BOSS pads. The thicker pads makes the machine run smoother as they're absorbing more of the vibration. I've used Hydrotech etc on my PC, but I'll admit, it does take some time to get acclimated to the longer throw in addition to the thin pads.

I have not tried the inter-flex yet, but sounds like you got some good results from it.