PDA

View Full Version : tried some GG BOSS products, now i want more

Pages : [1] 2 3

Matt@Revive
03-18-2016, 03:57 PM
i was polishing a black Dodge Charger the other night. i compounding most of the car with Sonax Cutmax and a Meguiar's MF cutting discs on my Rupes 21.

for my last pad change i decided to try the GG BOSS MF cutting pad and their BOSS Correction Cream. it worked great!! the pad didn't flatten out light Meguiar's ones do, the Correction Cream cut the paint as fast as the Sonax, but it left a better finish and was much easier to wipe off. i guess it's time to invest i more of their BOSS line.

VISITOR
03-18-2016, 04:50 PM
Another satisfied BOSS products user! :)

WRAPT C5Z06
03-18-2016, 05:10 PM
BOSS polishes are the best on the market, IME.

Good point about the MF pads as well, they don't matt down like Meg's.

StephenK
03-18-2016, 05:29 PM
This BOSS system is like a drug. You get a little taste and crave more. Griots put did themselves as well as everybody else with this system

Eldorado2k
06-03-2016, 12:22 AM
I tried to find 1 of Joes threads dedicated to the Boss Creams but couldn't find it so I'll just post here...

Well all I've got to say after finally getting a few chances to use the Boss Creams is they really do live up to the hype! Man I think I've found the best compound I've ever used with this Fast Correcting Cream, I used it side by side on gelcoat vs. Megs Marine 67 and it totally blew it away. Marc08EX, Joe, Brownie, and even the label [I love when there's bold statements on labels + they actually live up to them] weren't playing around when they mentioned these Boss Creams having a long working time, it's insane.

The cut is solid, working time like nothing else, wipes off easy, smells aight, finishes pretty near lsp ready, doesn't dust, what's else could I want? And the Perfecting Cream? Man that stuff smells so good you'd think you should be using it to give your lady a sensual backrub with the stuff! Lol. It smells Good!

I also used the Fast Correcting Cream by hand to remove the biggest piece of transfer from a whole door of a Kia Optima. Super fast + flawless result. I regret not taking before/after pictures of it. [I hate when that happens]
I haven't used the Correcting Cream yet [mostly because I'm in love with the Fast Correcting Cream] and I'd like more hands on experience with the Finishing Sealant on actual car paint to see if it really darkens the way I like a good sealant to do.. But so far I give the Boss Creams 2 thumbs up. Way up.

Special thanks to Brownie for showing me the way to these gems.😉👍🏽

Joe@NextLevelDetail
06-03-2016, 12:41 AM
i was polishing a black Dodge Charger the other night. i compounding most of the car with Sonax Cutmax and a Meguiar's MF cutting discs on my Rupes 21.

for my last pad change i decided to try the GG BOSS MF cutting pad and their BOSS Correction Cream. it worked great!! the pad didn't flatten out light Meguiar's ones do, the Correction Cream cut the paint as fast as the Sonax, but it left a better finish and was much easier to wipe off. i guess it's time to invest i more of their BOSS line.

DING DING DING!, people have no clue what they are missing when they dont try this fantastic system.

Those 4 creams are the best at what they do period.

The boss microfiber cutting pad, as well as the fast cutting pad is pretty much all i use for cutting, the megs mf cutting pad was not made for long throw orbits, and fails pre maturely.

The boss pads are bullet proof, i never had one fail, or matt down (no pun intended matt lol) the fast cut pads are even more durable as there is no foam interface.

The boss system is my absolute favorite plain and simple, Fast correcting cream IMO is the best on the market. I really love the stuff that much.

And i am not one of those guys that just have one system and never tried anything else and claim that thats the only one.

I have about every polisher, polish, and system , and none compares to my Boss System.

It clearly is the Boss.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
06-03-2016, 12:47 AM
I tried to find 1 of Joes threads dedicated to the Boss Creams but couldn't find it so I'll just post here...

Well all I've got to say after finally getting a few chances to use the Boss Creams is they really do live up to the hype! Man I think I've found the best compound I've ever used with this Fast Correcting Cream, I used it side by side on gelcoat vs. Megs Marine 67 and it totally blew it away. Marc08EX, Joe, Brownie, and even the label [I love when there's bold statements on labels + they actually live up to them] weren't playing around when they mentioned these Boss Creams having a long working time, it's insane.

The cut is solid, working time like nothing else, wipes off easy, smells aight, finishes pretty near lsp ready, doesn't dust, what's else could I want? And the Perfecting Cream? Man that stuff smells so good you'd think you should be using it to give your lady a sensual backrub with the stuff! Lol. It smells Good!

I also used the Fast Correcting Cream by hand to remove the biggest piece of transfer from a whole door of a Kia Optima. Super fast + flawless result. I regret not taking before/after pictures of it. [I hate when that happens]
I haven't used the Correcting Cream yet [mostly because I'm in love with the Fast Correcting Cream] and I'd like more hands on experience with the Finishing Sealant on actual car paint to see if it really darkens the way I like a good sealant to do.. But so far I give the Boss Creams 2 thumbs up. Way up.

Special thanks to Brownie for showing me the way to these gems.😉👍🏽

What did i tell ya ? It was hard to find a guy that loved menzerna 400 more then me, i have 2 gallons of the stuff.

One thing that i love about FCC (fast correcting cream) is it continues to cut and doesnt diminish into nothing, pair that with the infinite buffing cycle and jesus its a dream come true, you use less product and its easier to remove rids and more serious defects. Theres FCC and everything else, this is the most advanced compound on the market.

Like you said if somebody wanted to draw up a dream compound we would want the following characteristics:

Awesome cut
Great finishing ability
Long buffing cycle
No dusting
Easy wipe off
Smell great

Fast Correcting Cream is all of the above. What more can you ask ? Lol seriously, i told Jeff Brown its sorcery in a bottle.

VISITOR
06-03-2016, 01:04 AM
the megs mf cutting pad was not made for long throw orbits, and fails pre maturely.

you bring up a great/valid point. when the megs mf pads were in testing, it's quite possible the long throw DA's (not in the market just yet) weren't even used or tested with them at the time (just with the standard 8mm DA), where as with the BOSS DA/pads/creams were paired and rigorously tested/monitored to improve where adjustments were needed. i think bigger and brighter things are still yet to come from GG and i'm really excited to see what the future holds/brings from them!

Joe@NextLevelDetail
06-03-2016, 01:14 AM
the megs mf cutting pad was not made for long throw orbits, and fails pre maturely.

you bring up a great/valid point. when the megs mf pads were in testing, it's quite possible the long throw DA's (not in the market just yet) weren't even used or tested with them at the time (just with the standard 8mm DA), where as with the BOSS DA/pads/creams were paired and rigorously tested/monitored to improve where adjustments were needed...[/QUOTE]

You are correct, the pad was designed for a 8mm da.

I had there pads fail on a 8mm da, but on my long throw its only a matter of time before the foam interface starts to crumble, with the boss mf pads non existing problem.

Did you check out my Boss Banner ? I know you of all people would be jealos 😅😅😅 #teamboss

Im also looking forward to the future, Jeff Brown is one mad genuis, the thought of the next great thing he makes , gets me excited.

BadgerRivFan
06-03-2016, 06:59 AM
[QUOTE=Joe@NextLevelDetail;1389457]Like you said if somebody wanted to draw up a dream compound we would want the following characteristics:

Awesome cut
Great finishing ability
Long buffing cycle
No dusting
Easy wipe off
Smell great

Fast Correcting Cream is all of the above. What more can you ask ?[\QUOTE]

The only other thing you can ask for is a reasonable price. The BOSS creams all deliver on price too!

16 oz. bottle for around $20 is fair. I don't care for 8 oz. or 250 ml size bottles. Give us a decent size quantity at a fair price and you will sell a ton.

BOSS creams check all of the boxes. Thank you Jeff Brown and Griot's!

idriveblackcars
06-03-2016, 07:17 AM
Why I haven't tried the new Boss products is beyond me. I hear nothing but great things about the products. Meg's cutting disks do work for me and work well, they don't need a lot of speed, heat is the biggest issues with them. I can split them in half using a PC never mind mind Rupes.

But must try some GG stuff out!

ScottH
06-03-2016, 07:19 PM
Why I haven't tried the new Boss products is beyond me. I hear nothing but great things about the products. Meg's cutting disks do work for me and work well, they don't need a lot of speed, heat is the biggest issues with them. I can split them in half using a PC never mind mind Rupes.

But must try some GG stuff out!

Joe got me hooked on the Griot's cremes and they are hard to beat, really. Just had some more Griot's Finishing Sealant delivered today from AG - something I will ALWAYS keep in stock. I'd go into withdrawl now without it. LOL.

PS Joe love those product pics in your garage - makin' a guy jealous over here! LOL.

ScottH

WRAPT C5Z06
06-03-2016, 08:34 PM
Chad Raskovich told me about Griots BOSS creams when they first came out. I trust Rasky 100% and he didn't let me down. The BOSS creams flat out WORK and are very easy to use.

LittleKing24
06-03-2016, 08:58 PM
There's been a lot of positive talk the past few days on the BOSS system, and reading this thread has been a huge confidence boost that I made the right choice as I just purchased the system last weekend! I currently own the GG6. After a 1,100 mile drive and 3 day Comp Ready class and trying out many polishers, I fell in love with the BOSS G21. Not only was the polisher very comfortable to hold, I had no issues with stalling and the paint on the 37 coupe which we used it on came out flawless! Not to say that every car we detailed didn't turn out great, there was just something to the coupe. As a result, I decided to purchase the BOSS G21, all the creams, and BOSS pads to compliment. I will be a proud owner on Wednesday :dblthumb2:

poyo150
06-03-2016, 11:51 PM
There's been a lot of positive talk the past few days on the BOSS system, and reading this thread has been a huge confidence boost that I made the right choice as I just purchased the system last weekend! I currently own the GG6. After a 1,100 mile drive and 3 day Comp Ready class and trying out many polishers, I fell in love with the BOSS G21. Not only was the polisher very comfortable to hold, I had no issues with stalling and the paint on the 37 coupe which we used it on came out flawless! Not to say that every car we detailed didn't turn out great, there was just something to the coupe. As a result, I decided to purchase the BOSS G21, all the creams, and BOSS pads to compliment. I will be a proud owner on Wednesday :dblthumb2:
Hope to see your unpackage post of your Boss. I will also buy this one with the rupes later in the future. [emoji2]

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk